Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The season could still easily be salvaged at this point. I mean we know Tannehill doesn't suddenly fix the OL. But could he make better decisions than Mary? Get the ball out quicker? Throw more accurately? I think it's VERY possible given what we've seen out of Mary the last season plus.

Sure, he also could be worse. Or the same. But we won't know until we try it. It's gonna be very frustrating if we go to Tannehill when its already too late and this offense ends up looking completely different.

Year 5. Two DREADFUL outings in a row. I've seen enough. Hopefully the FO feels the same way. Or will sooner rather than later at least.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If Gut even tries to touch this mess I'm done with him. He's systematically destroying 16 years of football credibility he's built up by defending this turd.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Exactly. Hes so bad 90% of the time, when he makes a routine good throw I'm impressed. He has a couple of good plays each game, a handful of average ones, and the rest are just awful. The ok/good plays are the outlier, not what defines him at this point.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

It's a win/win. We know for certain we are not bringing Mariota back next year. You've got to give Tannehill a chance to either save the season and be our guy next year, or drive it off the cliff and give us a good pick for a QB next year. Either way, continuing to start Marcus is not the answer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

the press conference has started

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We're 0-2 in the division and haven't even seen Watson yet. Should have made it an open competition to begin with, and started the better QB. Mariota has been outplayed by two backups in a row with a fraction of his experience. There's no way that Tannehill is worse.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd rather go 1-15 than 6-10. Tannehill might be better than Mariota, but he's clearly not a winning QB in the NFL over the long term. What does this team gain by winning a couple extra games?

Gotta maximize the future now.

8. KTown84

KTown84 Starter

What I’m hearing from my source close to the team is that both Vrabel and Robinson are wanting to bench Mariota. However, they are being overridden by Amy Adams Strunk, who sees Mariota as the face of the franchise. She feels they have invested too much in Mariota to start all over again with a new quarterback.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

guess she likes owning a loser franchise that no one cares about

at least we had the draft right

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

The Eagles offered the Titans their 2015 first- and second-round picks, their 2016 first-round pick, any quarterback on their roster and any defensive player on their roster in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick.

NEVER FORGET @520 @XO

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar