Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I went from being super pissed at Mariota getting injured last year, to being in an "I don't care if he gets injured" mode this year. Of course I don't want to see him get injured, but it just wouldn't bother me one bit.

I'm seriously at the point to where I want to see what Tannehill can do. I don't think he will come in and light it up, but if he can do enough to stave off Mariota, then I consider it a win-win situation.

It's still early for me in the season for change, but if this continues, I may just turn into ABC JR.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Fair points but I don’t think Amy is telling Vrabel or JRob what to do when it comes to roster construction or playing time. Not sure if that’s what you were implying or not.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You think they play Mariota over Darnold? He’s supposed to be back in a couple weeks. Not sure I’d want my team trading a 3rd rounder for a 2 week rental.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That is what I was implying. Or potentially Jrob telling Vrabel. I would Amy isn't a meddler. But lots of owners can be meddlesome when it comes to major QB decisions.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He’s estimated to be cleared to practice in 5 weeks and that is IF his course shows improvement. That doesn’t mean he’s ready to play. He’s lost conditioning with mono and he’s at risk for a spleen rupture until nearly all inflammation is gone.

So yeah, I could see them giving up a 3rd plus the money for a 8 week rental. Darnold is the guy for sure, so I wouldn’t see them extending Mariota at all. I can see Mariota going down the Bradford career path but on a cheaper level.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I only made my comment based on Vrabels post game speech after game 1 and he said Amy “let’s them do their jobs” but who knows. QB’s are the money makers for the franchise in most cases so you could be right.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Oh wow it’s 5 weeks? I heard 2 weeks. I know mono can be very serious.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Insulting me is not gonna help you answer the question. Clearly do NOT know the answer. Try again. This time, with some knowledge.

It would also help if you didn't say more things that show you don't understand how football works. Yes, in a hurry up offense, the defense can't change personnel. Did we catch them in 12 personnel while we are in 11? No, they are matched up already so this has NO bering on anything.

Lastly...and perhaps MOST illuminating...do YOU understand that defenses DON'T run the same defense over and over again in 2min? They DO move people around as they CHANGE the defense in hurryup! Just like offenses have a group of plays they go to in the 2min drill, defenses do too! Want proof? Take a look at the end of the 1st half where the Colts are in two mins versus our D. We move people around and changed coverages several times.

Are you 'threatening' to put me on ignore? LOL!

9. TitanUp12

TitanUp12 Starter

We all know (except Gut) that Mariota is not getting resigned. That’s a given. But if he wants to play out this season he better bring it tomorrow. Another clunker tomorrow and it’s impossible to trot him out there week 4. The receivers have to be getting tired of this crap. They never get looked at beyond 10 yards (even when they’re wide open) unless it’s a 1 read design shot play. It’s getting ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The Jets would need to make a move THIS week. Some fans think they can contend for a playoff spot. I seriously don't! Gase has all the power so he will make dumb moves if he wants it. But it's not a smart play for the Jets. What's their best case scenario? Trade for Mariota and then he comes in and lights it up for them in a different offense, doesn't get hurt, and elevates that offense for 6-8 weeks and then Darnold comes back with very little experience and immediately lights it up?

That's a lot more wishful thinking than fans here hoping Mariota improves here.

That'd be silly!

Of course, if you want to get rid of Mariota and are hoping he gets traded...Steelers, Saints, and Jags lost their QB's too. If Mariota rips up the Jags and Minshew is bad...Mariota and Adoree for Jalen?

I'm frankly surprised we haven't seen the Giants trade Eli to the Jags!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar