Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fatties didn’t clock the ball on 3rd and 2.

#91 Riverman, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2019
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Riverman you have to look beyond that one play. You know that there were a ton of errors everywhere that you just can't make in a close game. Can you imagine how that game ends of we made one a few more plays? Suck on 3rd down. My thoughts are that has to be where you try to improve the most. Sweaty hands might have played a role, it was hot. Ass play by the WRs is another big issue yesterday.

@520 pointed out Tajae's horrid play

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. TitanUp12

TitanUp12 Starter

I really don't understand how some people can still have hope that 8 can be a franchise QB. I mean after what we saw yesterday, really?? He's making mistakes rookies make and we’re in year 5 lol. Whats it gunna take? An interception on 10 straight plays? Lol. Id really like to know from the few supporters left out there. What is it gunna take for you to accept the fact that MM8 is trash.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Year 5 and same excuses. Line sucks, receivers suck, coaches suck. Why not look at the common denominator?

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

“”Per @NextGenStats Mariota is top 3 in time to throw.

Mariota ranked dead last in the NFL this week in this category: Aggressiveness (AGG%) and he had an AGG% of 3.6%

That means, if you're trying to do the math in your head, Mariota threw 1 of 28 passes in a tight window.””

RIP O Line excuses

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Riverman

That one play isn’t the ONLY play. I’d look past it if it was. You have a 5th year player making a rookie mistake. I can list about 20 plays for which Mariota could be fairly criticized.

And the teams rises to the level of their QB. There is a reason that great teams miss very few opportunities to make plays.

7. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

That play actually wasn't that bad, had we ran a play and it ended up incomplete, we would've been in the same 4th and 2 scenario, but with less time on the clock. So our only option at that point would be a pass to the sidelines. Had AJ caught the ball, we had time to get up and spike it for a chance at fg.

So of all the bad Mariota plays yesterday, that one is pretty low on my list.

8. Riverman

Not really. Even Mariota admits its was a bonehead play. Why waste a play? Should called a hitch, quick out or just ran for the sideline would have left 11 seconds and time for one more quick out to pick up another 5-15 yards.

And like I said- it wasn’t the ONLY bad play. That one was just really bad for a 5th year QB.

9. DaCost

DaCost Starter

The O-line has major issues especially in the middle.

However Mariota does nothing to help out.

How he moves in the pocket and how he scrambleds is horrible any small error our Oline makes and is a sack.

Jacoby Brissett yesterday was able to get away from atleast 5 sacks yesterday Mariota brings non of that to the table.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yay, ANOTHER Mariota thread.

Should just start a forum or change the name of this one .. "NoMariota.com"

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar