Mariota 2019 (all tings Mariota)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. Yes; Mariota will turn it around and earn the new contract that’s coming

20.0%
  2. No; Mariota is done here and we need to move on.

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

So I would like to say that I am wrong about Marcus Mariota. Usually I overreact and today when I calmed down I took an unbiased look at his stats through two games and realized that maybe he isn't the issue.

Can you take a moment to look at Mariota's stats through 2 games: 402 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 63.5% completion percentage, 112.5 rating

Kicking myself. My goodness I'm stunned. You have to be able to look at these things without emotions. Did I miss this? I and others like @SawdustMan and @8and8 are so completely wrong about everything Mariota related.

Can I use this thread to have an unbiased look at Mariota's numbers each week as we move through the season and towards an eventual decision about his future in Tennessee.

Kindly do not flame my thread or post childish memes. Very true also can everyone here please stop and give a little bit of credit to @VondyP and @Thaddeus43 for being some of the only people not just completely overreacting. On top of that. Next @ICBW who was just a breath of fresh air after the game today with his reasonable and realistic takes on Mariota and this team. Don't give up on the haters though.

You all, I hope you all have a great night and I can't wait until Thursday when we will destroy the tarp kittens! Please!

• Troll Troll x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

3/20 third down.

The only reason we bear Cleveland is because they gave us so many penalties.

400 yards in two games is poor. Especially since a 75 yard screen is. A good chunk of it.

No pics? Sure. He never takes any chances at all.

Marcus is dry white toast. Not ever gonna get it done. Move on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

My thread can also be used to discuss how we can build this team to make Mary more successful here. Also maybe contract talks. Really though it's about being realistic as fans. You have to not get your emotions involved.

Since the game ended it really helped me to just chill and look at the numbers. Usually I never do this but today felt different. Could I be missing something? Kind obvious that I and many others were. Soon win the wins happen it will get easier to see Mary is our guy.

Again, I'm sorry. Seriously love this team. Sucks that we have had so much negativity.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Dawg did you lose a bet

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 520

Only thing this thread is telling me is that Mary sucks ass

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

All he did is prove that this team IS in dier need of a QB ... This dude ain't the answer.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

One TD was 2 yard pitch to Henry who did the rest.

The two TDs to Delanie were the kind of throws you expect a professional QB to be able to hit.. dude was wide open both instances.. again, one was 2 yard toss and DW did the rest.

Today's TD, 2 yarder

Anyone with ****ing eyes can see beyond stats.

this is why XO's ignored

#7 Finnegan2win, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  8. 520

@XO go play with vondy and Dave you gawdam loser

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

This thread will go where you don’t want it to BUT,

I really want Lewan back. Maybe a little more time will make a smith call some deeper passes. Colts dared a deep throw all day.

I still want to see an improved pass rush. I know colts had a good line last year but today Brissett was able to move around with no problems and when the titans couldn’t tackle him, containment should have at least been part of the strategy.

A better D forces more 3 and outs which gives MM more chances. Ultimately, I think we see the best of him when he finally does take some chances. Yes more TO will happen but so will more big plays and 7 man fronts for Henry to run against.

10. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

I wish Mariota was good. He plays hard and seems to be a stand up guy. Having said that, he doesn’t have what it takes to take our team to the next level.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar