Mariota’s Accuracy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It's trust factor...MM8 does't yet trust Davis to be where he is supposed to be. Manning would famously insist that the same play be ran dozens of times in a row at practice until he was satisfied with everyone being 100 % on the same page. MM8 has trust for Walker, I would say also for Matthews, and even for Decker...even tho decker has had a few drops this year.

2. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Tajae Sharpe needs to get back asap. He was one of the other guys that Mariota “trusts”. Funny, beacause from a talent standpoint, Davis is so much better... just gets to show you sometimes that being natural gifted doesnt always work in the NFL

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:clap:

IIRC has like +130 QBR when targeting MM8

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no your not and you should post more... I always pay attention to your posts

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Me too

Wonder why

I heart his posts

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. SDTITANFAN

SDTITANFAN Special Teams Standout

Yup...he'll improve. Plus he's only 24 playing in the second round of the playoffs, not to shabby....

7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I have a question.

Everyone is still quoting the 13-15 TD-INT ratio Mariota threw for this year. But that's just regular season. Pretty sure he went 4-1 in the post-season.

So why is 17-16 not being quoted? Are people just using the stat they want to suit their argument? I'm not just talking posters on here, but the media in all their articles etc.

Even NFL.com stats don't include the post season games in Mariotas profile. Why not?

This also leads me to another question. I saw Brady went past Favre in all time TD passes in the game against us. Now sits only 20 or so behind Peyron. Does this stat include post season TD's? If not why not, and if so then why include it for one stat but not for another?

Just a tad confused on this.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I was just happy to see Davis show up a bit in the playoffs. Thank god

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

That's a bad way to look at it. That's his completion %, not how accurate he is with his ball placement.

Completion % can be greatly increased through screens and those speed sweeps that are forward passes (like what Brady did last weekend to James White). As far as I recall, we ran virtually none of that. That tells me that a large portion of Mariota's passes were down the field and to receivers who were on the move and in coverage.

The fact that he's top 20 in completion % in an offense that doesn't prop up completion % through screens and short dump offs is actually really impressive in today's game.

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You all are missing the problem. It's the ones that, due to indecision, don't get thrown that are the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar