Mario signs with Buffalo

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oceanic815, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wow. Talk about irony.

EXACTLY! Speculation <-- key word. Yet you accuse those who disagree with you of rationalizing and say your opinion is "the facts". As I said in the other thread, I don't know exactly what was going on behind the scenes. None of us do. The only fact in this I know for sure is that we never set up a meeting with Mario Williams and never made it public that we were planning to. Now whether that is because we simply weren't interested or Bud told the FO not to is up in the air. But IMO our history (or lack thereof) of handing out 100 million dollar contracts to free agents answers that question. YMMV.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

link?

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Im not going to play this game with you guys.

You are right Sawdust, no link so we were never interested in Mario.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was a pretty big advocate for Williams up until the past few days and Manning did not have much to do with why I gave up hope.

MW going, and staying in Buffalo is what made me shift my focus. I have not read or seen anything that mentions either party was interested in the other.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ill just do the smart thing instead of making assumptions. Wait for it to come out one way or the other.

I could be completely wrong, but everything added up to at least Mario being interested in the Titans. Whether we were interested in him, as Sawdust said, speculation even though it was a good thing to speculate. NO proof.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I do not believe we would have paid that kind of money for Mario....

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Yea its pretty pointless to say "if we wanted him we would have brought him in..or made him an offer" because that went out the window once the plan shifted to Manning. Because it couldn't be Manning AND Mario...it would have to be either or. And BA made his priority clear. Im not saying yes we would have had him..or he was a lock etc.. But IMO us not making him an offer..isnt as much about our level of interest as a whole as much as once Peyton came he was no longer a priority. I doubt we'll ever know for certain..what our true level of interest in Mario was

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I know

lol I was never trying to argue or piss off anybody, but seems like tensions are starting to get high. Oh well, I didn't consider it that much of an assumption.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

And I doubt you will considering they basically have the same agent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar