Mario Kart (Wii)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

The one you are always fighting and bringing up.... the wii vs ps3 battle... the mario is a whore, etc... wii is expensive compared to ps3 (good one :lol: i never expected that argument)

What battle is PS3 losing... the sales battle. Plain and simple.
    The people are chosing to buy wii in 2007 and 08 more than ps3 battle for game system.

Just because you use one character by the game system company (like Mario, Sonic and so) is just a way of 1) label quality 2)Trademark and identity of the company.

Mario can almost only be played in nintendo platforms (except for ocasional and rare pc games)

The Simpsons games are playable in all consoles, pcs and even cell phones... whos the real whore?...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_video_games

btw The 2007 was HORRIBLE (got it in Wii) but yet a top seller. I got it because I though I would get a good game because of the name, yet got ripped through boredom and ugly translation of the game.

And is more like 23 The Simpsons games overall...

Mario appears in 200, but if i see Mario Tennis Series, or Mario Karts series people know exactly what game it is and what quality it has, just like if it says GTA or Quake or Tetris

Wiifit is not 160 plus board... is wiifit+ board what it is 160$

And no need for memory, there are way more PS3 accesories than one... as needed to play as the wii ones for any game but the new balance board or the eye toy for the ps3:
    ps3 accesories
    http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/browse.php?browse=17&cat=6

Yo can use 180$ (according to your website) to buy a couple of PS3 wireless remote controlers and I´ll se if I spent (if I want to) my 90 € in spain to buy the game plus board. You can balance later who is getting ripped.

3rd party companies can make whatever accesories they want.... but to play 99.9% of games today are not needed.
    In the future there may be a new wave of balance board games... still, is just 90€ if I want to play them, ill try it this weekend since my sisters got it.

And yes... Wii has not got the same graphics/processing speed than PS3... still, there is a lot of people who just don´t care about those specs... they care about fun, which is really what the thing is for. People try it and buy it, simple as that. After a year I don´t regret I bought it.

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

And
    Wii has 2 controllers... the wiimote and the balance board. The rest are shells and TOTALLY UNNECESARIES... just like i think the ones than once where sold for the eye toy. And and kit with all shells costs like 40€, which is half what a wireless ps3 controller costs.

One of the reasons I like the wii is because of the wiimote (obvious), the closest thing you can get to a pc mouse in precision on a game system is the wiimote. Great for shooting games, sports and other so games in which movement of the control takes the game to a new dimension

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

All of the things that you listed are just optional accessories for the 1 controller that Wii has. They attach to it. The casual gamer doesn't mean the stupid gamer. I'm a VERY casual gamer and I know that you don't have to buy all of that junk.

The PS3 has one controller, but has many variations on it. Yes, most of them are colors or slightly different shapes, but the point is that you can buy extra controllers that are different or "better" if you want them. Same thing as the Wii.

If nothing else, nintendo could be praised for their marketing of the accessories.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

another note (or actually re-iteration)

one of the coolest things about the newer games for the Wii is that you can use several controllers from other consoles
    not only that but there are several ways to actually play the games with the different controller

for example : BRawl:
    wiimote only (sideways)
    wiimote + nunchuck
    Wii "classic" controller
    GameCube controllers including the Wavebird

so I think what Nintendo is doing is exactly opposite of what some are suggesting

if Nintendo was trying to make money off of you by selling peripherals, they wouldn't allow options in games that support controllers from past systems

Nintendo is the good guy here

there is not a single accessory that you MUST purchase in order to play any particular game (Wii Fit does not count since it is only available as a bundle with the Board)
    and the stock controller can be implemented into about a dozen casings for different usage

My personal favorite is the shotgun / pistol cradles
    awesome that you can turn the wiimote into a shotgun with a $10 shell
    for contrast, there's the Ps3's Time Crisis 4 where you pay like $80 for a crappy game and a crappy gun ... you couldn't even use the guns you had for Time Crisis 3 from what I hear

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

but who in the world has a gamecube, let alone controllers for one???

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never done that. Wii isn't next gen quality so I don't bring it up. It's a gimmick system.
    In fact I have barely mentioned the PS3 (or 360) at all in this discussion.

It was a joke.

Yeah...never said that. Learn to read.

And again, the Wii is a cheap gimmick console with last gen quality graphics.

Cross platform aside which is common for most games, there are still more Mario games than Simpson games.

I don't particularly care why you got it. I'm not talking about the Wii as a console. I'm not even degrading its games.
    It is irrelevant.

And is more like 23 The Simpsons games overall...

Irrelevant.

I know, that's what I said.

No there aren't.

Except you get a controller with the PS3, it's not an added accessory. It wasn't released after the console game out (except Dual Shock with was a legal thing).

[quote[3rd party companies can make whatever accesories they want.... but to play 99.9% of games today are not needed. [/quote]

Good for 3rd party companies. Except the Wii[insert name here] are made by Nintendo.

And again, I am not debating the quality of the Wii. I am talking accessories.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

urr hang on? It's totally awesome you get WiiFit plus board for whatever it costs more than the cost of a normal Wii game but it's crappy you get a Gun and Game for a little more?

Right...the same concept on both consoles except one is awesome and one is crappy. That makes sense. Bravo on your neutral perspective. :rolleyes:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what are you talking about ?
    your argument that both are crappy concepts and crappy games at crappy prices ? yeah, that may be so

that's not the comparison, nor is it what you quoted

here's the point
    the "gun" concept for the Ps3 requires the purchase of a game/Guncon bundle .... and is it even supported by other shooters ? it's also WIRED and utilizes 2 USB ports to use

to achieve the gun concept for the Wii requires a $15 (at most) cradle ..... nothing to wire ..... nothing to plug into the console itself

don't take a comparison of the Wii gun cradle and Time Crisis4 and turn it into a GunCon / Balance Board discussion

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I live on a cul-de-sac dead end street with about 12 houses
    5 of those houses have kids under the age of 10, the youngest being 4 or so
    all have Gamecubes
    2 of them also have Wii's
    most of those Cubes are still used weekly
    my daughter uses hers almost daily

most of these kids have the option of playing a PS2 a 360 or a Ps3
    most of those kids are still playing Cubes

I'd suspect that if you polled family's with 10 year old kids or younger that most either had Cubes at some point or still do

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I never said either are crappy.

Jesus Christ, can any of you people read?

*sigh*

Here is the simple explanation.

Time Crisis 4/GunCon bundle = more cost than a normal PS3 game
    WiiFit/Board bundle = more cost than a normal Wii game.

Yet you call one brilliant and one crappy.

Here's the little secret. THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME DAMN CONCEPT. It is a game and a peripheral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar