Margus Hunt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really don't understand the hype in this guy. He's a project that is going to need some work, production was pretty low in college, a lot of scouts are starting to think he might be better as a 3-4 rush LB instead of a 4-3 DE, and oh btw he's going to be 26 when the season kicks off.

He has some nice potential, good size, and is an intriguing project but this guy in the 2nd round? I think there are a lot better options.

Discuss.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

don't worry the lambs will trade their 2014 1 and 2 for him in the second round.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Agree 100%. I don't think he'll be any good. Someone will reach on him. I hope he's gone when we pick in the 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just keep seeing his name pop up on here and draft sites and just want to see what all the hype is about. I've heard of him but didn't think he was a 2nd round pick.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes huge, thats why his name wont go away.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Big, athletic and strong. Not a very good football player. He's this year's Dontari Poe.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He's the white Ziggy Ansah. Most don't seem to have a problem taking Ziggy in the top 10, so I don't see why those same people wouldn't welcome Hunt in the 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not entirely.

Hunt played in 53 games at SMU while Ansah played in 31 and didn't start until halfway through his senior year. The reasoning is with more experience and technique Ansah will turn in to a terror because of the improvement he showed in 2012. Hunt has been on the scene for a long time and hasn't really done anything outside of the bowl game in 2012. Ansah is also three years younger.

I'm not entirely sold on either of them though...

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ziggy dominated.

Hunt was unknown until the combine.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Hunt was actually projected as a first rounder at the start of the season. Then he played and dropped off the charts. Then he worked out and is now flirting with the first round.

Taylor Thompson was a better DE when they played together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar