Manziel doesn't want to be a Jag

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ontario Titan, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...t-manziel-doesnt-want-to-land-in-jacksonville

I know it's happened before...Eli with SD, Elway with Baltimore and Eric Lindros with Quebec. Lindros' agrument was others in the workplace don't get told where they will work, why should he? BUT...others don't get millions of $ either so both sides of argument can be seen i suppose.

Mayock has Manziel to Cowboys at 16. If he fails I can't see him getting past rams at 13....I'd rather not draft him to be honest.

2. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I do sincerely think that the Jags will try and go Bortles or Manziel. Desperate franchise , desperate people. Oh and Johnny , if its any consolation , theres probably another 52 guys on the roster down there that feel exactly the same as you buddy. You are in safe hands. I look forward to Pollard ringing your bell on the first blitz of next year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

who does want to go to Jacksonville?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Also, I was thinking about something the other day pretty similar to this (about how it seems unfair sometimes that players don't have a choice on where they go). I guess they choose to enter the draft, so they kinda sign up for it. But how exactly does the NFL rules work for people coming into the NFL?

I mean, could a player choose not to enter the draft and then go tryout for teams on their own (similar to a UDFA)? or is there a rule against that?

It would seem to be a much smarter move for the 'top prospects' to not even enter the draft, and go the UDFA route. They would have all the teams lining up for them, and would probably have their choice of where to go.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Better than St. Louis, better than Detroit, better than Buffalo, Better than Cleveland, I'd consider it a close race with Oakland.

For the area alone, I would rank it above quite a few destinations. I'd much rather be making millions in FL than in Detroit.

6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

The fan base in Buffalo, Cleveland, and Oakland is faithful and one of the best in the league.

Detroit, yeah maybe.

7. nickmsmith

I don't think it would matter to me. I would never willingly live in Cleveland, buffalo, or Detroit. They are losing franchises in loser towns.

I've been to a Browns game.. It's not somewhere I'd volunteer to go again. The City or the football game.

And Detroit is Detroit. Unless I were an NHL player and the Red Wings wanted me, I wouldn't touch Detroit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

nickmsmith agreed, but you have to admit the fans are at least a PART of why you want to play for a team.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The fans, on the whole, are basically the same wherever you go.

In such a large group of people, you are going to get he whole spectrum wherever you go.

Fans that love you, fans that hate you, uninformed fans that talk **** to you on twitter..

I just don't buy that fan bases are all that different from each other.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

IMO, Browns fans and Titans fans are night and day difference. Browns fans are bitter and brash, and Titans fans (when not internet toughguying) are very friendly.

Eagles fans, Steelers fans, Raiders fans, Browns fans, Colts fans in the Manning era, the list goes on and on of fanbases who are just simply 'holes.

It's crazy seeing the difference at different stadiums. I've never seen an opposing fan being seriously heckled at a Titans home game. In the Browns stadium, they were about ready to decapitate anyone in Steelers garb.

And who can forget the fateful game in 2001 when the delightful Browns fans decided to flood the field with beer bottles, pelting the opposing team, and many other people. That's why they won't give out bottles anymore.. just cups.
    [​IMG]

Eagles fans are really stupid, as well, if I were forced to name the group, as a whole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar