Many Titans Vets Won't Return in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I can see Tank being brought back for cheap. We will probably look for an older vet and also look for some guys in the draft, but I can see Tank being resigned for something cheap with performance related incentives.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The Titans top priority is to rework Steve McNair's deal. Everything they do in the offseason will hinge upon if they can work out a Cap-friendly deal with McNair.

Other top priorties are to re-sign Kyle Vanden Bosch and Justin Hartwig--in that order--Argue with that all you want. A little birdie told me this morning that this is what the offical Titans thinking is right now.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Amano might be okay, but they'll draft another or get one via FA (more likely).

We're going to be drafting some LBs - that much seems clear now. If Kassel is gone, it'll be interesting to see if we move Sirmon to the middle and get someone like a Hawk or Greenway, or let him stay outside and get someone like Brooks.

Looks like the draft will be LBs, S, O-line -- that'll probably be over half our picks unless we pick some of them up in free agency. We'll be looking to draft the right QB, and another CB seems likely as well. I can't see keeping Beckham or Gardner anymore, even though Gardner has done a'ight on special teams as of late.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gardner may stay because of Beckham going.
    I could see Tank staying for peanuts and nothing more.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Depending on the min salary for Gardner, I think it might be worth keeping him for STs...LB and OL are both deep in this draft (seemingly), so it might be worth drafting the high profile in the 1st (even with a trade down), then filling in after that.

Safety may be worth a FA look. Anyone know if there's anyone on the horizon worth anything?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Peanuts

[​IMG]

Tank takes on greater role in special teams. :ha:

7. smili

smili Starter

Corey Chavous

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

your quick. :ha:

9. Gardner will have to compete for his roster spot in training camp, but they won't cut him before that.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Aah, yes...a glimpse of sanity in an insane world...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar