Many Titans Vets Won't Return in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For many Titans veterans, Sunday's game marks the final time they will be in two-toned blue. Among them are CB Tony Beckham, LB Rocky Boiman, S Tank Williams, C Justin Hartwig, LB Brad Kassell and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch are all unrestricted free agents next March and it appears the Titans will only work to retain KVB. Beckham has already appeared on the inactive list as the Titans want to see what Marcus Randall can do on special teams. Williams, who has played better of late, also has an uncertain future. "I just have to go out and play the best game I can play this last game, and let everything take its course," Williams said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you know what will happen, Tank will play a killer of a game against the Jags and we will resign him.

I can see it happening.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I heard a bit of Beckham's radio show the other nite, he definately sounds ready to leave.

That article didnt even address the other vets who wont be back. I think we'll see Brad Hopkins final game as a Titan (and possibly the last of his career) this Sunday too.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Kinda sad IMO. I really like Tank, I always have. Out with old, in with the new I guess. :(

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who's gonna replace Hartwig ? Amano ?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i played o-line freshman year, i'd be an upgrade.

7. smili

smili Starter

I missed the show. What were the sentiments expressed?

Randall was mentioned above also. Would like to see him in some at safety to see what he can do also.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How much worse would a one, two or three win season be anyway.

Let 'em go. Spend on some proven talent.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think Tank has made some improvements since earlier this season. They say it takes about one full season to recover fully from a ACL injury and that's about what its been. He's been playing decsent. As for Hartwig, I say sorry about you luck. We've got to upgrade the Oline if were ever going to be good again. I'd try to keep KVB but I wouldn't break the bank trying to keep him. This is only one season and who knows what could happen next year. As for the rest of the guys, we have to get better. Period. There's gonna be some changes going into next year or people are going to start losing there jobs and I'm talking about Fisher and Reese. Rebuilding is rebuilding but you can't keep going out there and looking like crap every week. It'll be an interesting off season, I think.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans might be able to keep Tank fairly cheap since I don't see other teams paying him much. But I think Reese will let him test the market first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar