Many Questions Surround Titans Entering Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QuarterbackThe first concern for the Titans is addressing the future of Steve McNair. Though it appears he is on the backside of his career, he is still the best player currently on the Titans offense. His '06 cap number means he'll have to rework his contract if he wants to stay. The question is what he feels his value should be. If something can't be worked out with McNair, the team may fall back on backup Billy Volek next season.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001284.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Phil Luckett

Phil Luckett Guest

Not one comment on this? I'd thought a feather or two might have been ruffled.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We are still celebrating another Colt chole. Give it time.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I thought it was a very good read and I agree with most (if not all) of what you wrote.
    On the LBs. I agree Sirmon and Kassel should be let go. I'm not sure about Boiman if we can get him cheap. At the least he provides depth although it would be nice if he could stay healthy. Still, letting Sirmon, Boiman and Kassel go makes the cupboard pretty bare but I would rather have a green rookie playing than have to put up with what we endured last year.
    The same goes with the safties. Letting Tank and Thompson walk and depending on Fuller, who will be essentially a rookie is also risky but again, almost anything is better than what we had last year. If Tank is willing to return at a very low price he might be worth keeping. Either way we need to find vet FAs at LB and S.
    I also agree it is time to clean house on the OL. We need to take an OL, best OT or OG available with our 2nd round pick IMO without question.
    Considering we also have to find our franchise QB to take over in a year or so and to begin working with our young WRs we have to use our 1st rounder on that position.
    We almost have to resign Henry if he can agree to a lower deal simply because of all the other holes we have to fill and with Brown only having one year left on his contract. If Henry agrees to a reduced deal we may end up with a decent RB under contract for a number of years freeing FA money to fill the other gaps.

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I have to agree with most of what the article says. A couple of minor points:
    * I think Gardner is arguably their best special teams player and is worth keeping for that alone.
    * I still have doubts Tank Williams or Lamont Thompson will be released. Just a gut feeling though it's obvious the safety play was extremely bad this season.
    * I don't think the DL is nearly as solid as most seem to think. Sure the back seven was weak against the run, but a lot of those big yards we gave up this season were right up the middle, and the DL has to bear some of the responsibility.

Good job on the article.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

good article.

I think it is time to dump Hentrich and bring in our future puinter. We could certainly use the cap space this yr and next to bring in a core leaderhip type of player via FA.

If a field stretching vet comes cheap at WR them I'd make a move, but i still think we have the talent to be effective with the guys we have.

LB will be our main focus in FA.

I think Tank Williams will be back and that we will grab a vet to compete with Fuller for the FS spot.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Nice article. I pretty much agree with everything although it all hinges on what we can get out of trading that number 3 pick (if we actually do).

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll punt.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hows this for "many questions":

"Where will Steve go to watch the Pro Bowl?"
    "Will Drew be joining him?"
    "Will hot wings be served, or just chips and salsa?"
    "Will Pacman be demoted to the card table with the 13" B/W tv? "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar