Mangini is gone: good call or bad call?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

add Marvin Lewis to that list

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

This was definitely a knee-jerk reaction.

The only reason I can see them making this move is if there was a communication problem between Mangini and upper management. And, they decided to make a move before all the "name candidates" were gone.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh I know I know! You change one letter in his name and you have Mangina.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

they fired him so favre will come back next season.

Favre will be back!

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If you ask me their GM needs to be the one to be fired. Spent over 100 million in free agents and what did it get them? Nowhere. Then they replace a perfectly good QB in Pennington with a washed up Brett Favre. I knew exactly why the Packers got rid of Favre and this year shows why they did it. Last year was an aberration not how Favre was going to play for the next 2 years.

Now where are the Jets? They have all these free agents and now no coach and probably no quarterback.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

boo hoo. screw the jets!
    they got what they deserved.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The next few weeks the focus should be about the teams that are in the playoffs.Unfortunately some how some way, Favre will find a way to dominate the headlines

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely moronic to fire a coach who had 2 winning seasons in 3 years. They are morons!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why are herm edwards and marvin lewis still employed?

For these guys to keep their jobs after the record they have with their respected teams will be a major blow to the future hiring of black coaches.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

In their defense, Pennington WAS NOT a good QB last year. He was awful, and lost his job to Kellen Clemmons. (sp.)

There was no sign of him getting any better, luck of the draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar