Malcolm Kelly - Titans 1st pick of 2008

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Rebel Titan, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not to gloat,,,, but it was rolltide right here who brought up the idea that the colts would take a WR last year.

The colts thought ahead not just for next season but that pick did help them this year.

We can't rely on a 34 year old corner for long. Leodis mckelvin out of troy is a kid who might be a good enough corner prospect to draft in rd 1 certainly rd 2. He was also the sporting news first team all america punt returner.

We can't be so focused on our perceived weaknessess that the things that got us here are neglected.

2. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

We have Pacman coming back... why would we need more DBs?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. That's not 100% guaranteed.

2. It's doubtful if hope will be back again..

Even if pacman comes back who is to say he won't involve himself in some more trouble? We can never have too many good DBs or good defensive backs in general.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

We need depth at a bunch of positions. We could draft any position. Defensive back would be stretch unless the player was absolutely the best player on the board. I would love a brand new flashy WR, but seriously we better just take the best player on the board. The more injuries happen at different positions the more I see the lack of depth on this team.

5. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

DB wouldn't be bad if they are the best on the Board and can start as a rookie, because it could free us up to deal either Pac or Harper and try to get experience at another position.

6. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I am a die hard Oklahoma Sooners fan and and a fan of Malcolm Kelly. But he is not a 1st round pick.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Based on the game sunday we defintely need another athletic safety like Kenny phillips or reggie smith.

Titan1216 your assessment of reggie smith por favor..

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Except that Hope wasn't on the field...

9. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I like Reggie's size but concerned about his athletic ability. I think he could play corner as well as safety. Also if Pacman doesn't return he could be a help retuning kicks on special teams. I like this kid overall, but to be honest I can't remember the last time Oklahoma had a defensive back step up to the NFL and do good. The non-covering Roy Williams ? I don't know, think I would lean more toward a early 2nd for this kid. But will he decide to come out ? I really don't see many at OU jumping ship. But who knows....

I like this kid at the 1st pick Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State...but here we are with more character issues......so what do you do

Do you guys think we look at the Big 12 a little to much ?
    I am scared we will get Limas Sweed WR from Texas because of Vince...this kid is a 3rd round at best and picking him any earlier would be a mistake.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hope might not be back in 08 either. If hope is back 100% we can go a different direction but his injury was career threatening....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar