Make football an Olympic Sport

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Michi40, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

testing filter - ****

how in the hell did you do that? :huh:

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Most of the european owners in sports like soccer and basketball over there do not look at their team as a business opportunity is the difference. A lot of soccer owners go in the negative for the year because they're trying to win instead of having the team as a source of income.

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

If you asked for the ¡ simbol in the s... word... i used the opening exclamation (¡) symbol that we use when writing in spanish.

!¡ similar to this two ¿?. I don't think the US/English keybord has it. Maybe you do.

ñññ¿?¿?!¡!¡

If you ask how do I think one can have a big youth football base to change things a little bit :

Easy, you start in one location not too small not too big, around 100.000 to 50.000 citizens, have a huge youth program and have a local league stablished for ever. Other teams see your success. Copy your mode to keep up with you. You start with ages from 10 up to 14 with 5x5 flag football (cheap equipment, any surface, small fields), start tackle football from +14 and at least after you have a BIG flag football base and after some 2 or 3 years afterwards the flag football city leagues.

Once you reach the magic number of 700 kids you are stablished.

A lot of work? Sure
    Easy? Probably not if you dont know what you are doing
    Achieveable? Yes

Just my knowledge of how i see it after 7 years as founder/president of a first division (american) football team in Spain.
    Thats what will work here, and it is pretty similar to what Austria does, among other countries.

You need to understand we are talking about AMATEUR football. Pro football will NEVER succeed in Europe if not enough europeans have played the game, as if you were an american and had played it in HS. That is where the Nfl has always failed. Supporting big local youth programs

The Team-Owner concept is not a possibility in Europe, you need Presidents-Non profit clubs.

Probable? Little
    Possible? Yes

You think a lot after 7 years of fighting against the system and trying and failing.
    Sorry to bore you all & sorry for using profanity language ;)
    Please don't warn me!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Let's not forget, Manning also advocates for the DSRL... that might make the olympics before football.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Ping Pong is a sport why not football! Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar