Make football an Olympic Sport

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Michi40, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Peyton Manning :hmm: has started a petition to make football an olympic sport...

http://www.weplay.com/petition_signatures/657

Since Team USA is finally going to participate and host a Football JR (under 20) Worldcup next year in Canton, Ohio, from the IFAF (International Federation of American Football), the USA have stablished an organization to achive so, has recogniced the IFAF and we have finally most people who matter rowing in the same direction (USA,Canada,Mexico, Japan and all EFAF teams (including Germany) i think it is about time we take this a little more serious.

After watching the video I do not know what does his "few countries play football, but that makes it easier" expresion means... and I do not like the fact that he starts this because of his personal goals. But since I love this sport I will spupport this petition even if it was brought up by Adolf Hittler himself... so you get the idea.

I know there are still plenty of issues, as there were with NBA and Olympics, but it that was achieved, this could be also.

Having participated last July as responsible for Austria in Sevilles European Junior Championship 08 http://www.ejc2008.com , -Germany, Sweeden and France will represent europes teams- I think it is possible and will work wonders in expanding the sport.

They are good under 20 teams, but probably wont have a chance against USA or Canada and that is talking about under 20s, but, if we get a only college aproach at the begining, for the substances policies, COI might be forced to accept.

Anyway, Who is going to win a NCAA all-stars team?

Compared to little suported raw amateur athletes with no high class coaching available that are around in Europe or Mexico...

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol Peyton just wants another piece of jewelry since he's done for, soon. What other countries would even participate? Peyton's a moron.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chances are we'd be sending college athletes to play anyway, i doubt the pros would want to put their bodies through even more punishment before the season started.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Let's do it. Get an all SEC team. Sorry Gloat.:ha:

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

There already is an American football world cup. I saw it on NFLN. A team of undrafted players mostly from DII or 1AA schools won it by beating Japan in the finals. The Japan team was formed of professional players from the X League in Japan. So if our worst pro players can beat the world's best it wouldn't make much sense to send even better players like Manning.

That being said if the rest of the world wants to send their best and we send Arena League players of Americans who play in the CFL then so be it, I'd be for it.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I'm all for it. Unfortunately, the 2 weeks of the Olympics does not allow much time for gameplan and preparation.
    If you were to do an 8 team tournament, it would require 3 games in 2 weeks.
    Not unheard of, but not what athletic directors or NFL players would want to do before a long season.
    I think there is a chance that football could make an appearance during the next time that the Olympics are in America

8. The Playmaker

If they want to play let them play.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

what about rugby or cricket?...my two favorite sports

10. The Playmaker

What about underwater basket weaving?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar