Make a Deal for Vilma

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Do you not realize the huge difference between the defensive scheme utilized by the Texans and Titans?

Here's a hint: one of them features a MLB and one doesn't.

I'm not trying to say that Fowler is great, but you can't knock him for a lack of tackles when he isn't even on the field of the majority of plays.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

23 tackles in 9 games? Even if his play is limited, he's still in the game at least 30 snaps per game. 2.5 tackles per game isn't exactly stunning. Why not just let Tulloch play?

The Fowler homers are a little ridiculous.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I see Fowler being like Calvin Lowry. He is a solid player, but not a stud.

However, it appears that Tulluck < Griff so Fowler is likely to keep his job.

I certainly do not see MLB as a position of need. We have one solid vet and a 2nd year player that could become very good.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fowler had his best game that I've seen last week. True, it was because the RBs were getting by the other members of the team, but the guy was all over and made some solid tackles. Last week just affirmed to me that he's a solid player/investment for the next few years.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But how much field time did he see?

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

...gunny....haha.....that "bounce" is pretty crazy..

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Vilma is the perfect 4-3 MLB... although I am OK with Fowler, this would be a no brainer. I would give up a first for this guy. Bulluck-Vilma-Thornton would be deadly. All that speed back there, and imagine Albert back in the middle... :))

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Our defense is good enough save the money for an offensive weapon.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anyone have any type of idea about how long it takes to return from an injury like Vilmas? and how long is Fowler signed for?

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2007-03-13-ryan-fowler_N.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar