Make a Deal for Vilma

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11072007/sports/jets/knee_deep_971891.htm

The NYpost is reporting that the Jets may be interested in trading Vilma. We dont leave our MLBs on the field much, but I think that Vilma is one of the top 5 linebackers in the league. With him we can leave the MLB on the field more often. The Jets scheme just doesnt fit him.

Do you guys think its worth making an offer? Its an ungrade to probably our weakest link on our already great defense.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didn't know vilma could play corner.

i haven't seen anything wrong with the way fowler has been playing. i mean, he hasn't been spectacular, but he's been pretty solid doing what he was brought here to do.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

lmao

Bulluck
    Vilma
    Thornton

Thats too sick to happen. So we wont do it

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, Vilma... all these trade rumours that float around make the Titans look strikingly similar to my old Madden team, where I ripped off every other roster. Darrell Hill for Chad Johnson was sweeeeet...

But I digress. Vilma would be a nice option, but we're not in dire need. He'll find his home elsewhere, and we'll continue sporting a beasty defense.

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Why?... Fowler is doing a fantastic job. I'm not sure why you think MLB is our weakest link.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Because Vilma is a Beast, and would play Folwer under the table. And "Fantastic" is a bit of a reach, I would say more like "manageable".

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure Vilma wouldn't be willing to play for peanuts and we already paid a nice chunk for Fowler. Considering we have much more pressing needs with our CAP I would say no way we are interested.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Do the jets like fowler? No way we trade for another MLB unless fowler is part of that trade because sure in the hell are not going to pay both fowler's $2.7M and vilma. Vilma is a heck of a player but there are many quality MLBs in the afc. London fletcher is a similar type player and can be had much more cheaply.

We have made a 2 year commitment to having fowler and tulloch as our MLBs. After 2 years we can release fowler without penalty if we don't consider him to be worth his paycheck. Fowler is only a third year player and is in a 4-3 system for the first time and starting for the first time. He has only been average against the run but seems to be getting better and is a huge upgrade in coverage over what we have had here.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The fact that Vilma just underwent pretty serious knee surgery and early reports indicate it may take two years for him to fully recover would also be a good reason for the Titans to spend their money elsewhere.

newsday

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is by far the most practical response so far.

Trade for an injured player who doesn't fit our scheme? Not a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar