Madeline McCann case

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carpy, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Anyone following this case?

Dead-set weird. Now her mother has been named as a suspect.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6983604.stm

For those who aren't familiar with the case, here are the key details:

THE NIGHT MADELEINE VANISHED
    • Kate McCann tucks Madeleine (and her two younger siblings)into bed in their ground floor apartment.
    • Mrs McCann and husband Gerry then go to a nearby tapas bar, which has a clear view to their apartment, to eat dinner.
    • The McCanns said in an interview they checked on their children every half an hour.
    • At about 2200 local time Mrs McCann returns to the apartment to find Madeleine missing from her bed.
    • She goes back to her husband at the restaurant to raise the alarm and police are called.

I still can't get over leaving children alone in a house while the parents go out to dinner at that age.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bono and some other stars were raising money to help the parents find the little girl...

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We shouldn't speculate but you wonder if they gave their kids something to "help them sleep" while they went out, and things went south.

5. Broken Record

That seems to be the popular theory at the moment. If true, then all of the fund-raising and media campaign is truly bizarre behavior.

They are now questioning the father. If dad is guilty, I smell a "Lifetime Movie" in the making.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It could be something like Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.

A woman down here killed her child and set it up as if her child was kidnapped and went on TV crying and asking for her child back, etc etc, to garner attention/sympathy and it was eventually found out she did it.

Carpy may know more about it, it was before I was born.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/29/1062050669977.html - another case

7. Broken Record

Freaky syndrome! She's a doctor right? The link I found said that folks with MSP are often health care professionals.

8. Broken Record

A sample taken from the boot of the hire car used by Madeleine McCann's parents is a "99% match" for the missing girl's DNA, a report claims.

(not being English, I suppose this means they found her DNA in the trunk of a rental car?)

Link

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah we also call the trunk, a boot.

10. Broken Record

Hadn't heard that one before. What about rentals? Do you call them a hire car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar