Madden 2011

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Won a tournament today at Gorilla Games.

Won the championship game 14-10 without scoring on offense. I was the Titans throughout(naturally).

The guy I was playing in the championship game was the Saints. He fumbled with Reggie Bush on a punt return and I ran it back for a touchdown, 7-0. He kicks a field goal, 7-3. I end up with the ball at the three yard line on fourth down with 5 seconds left in the first half and get picked off. Halftime is 7-3.

The third quarter goes along with no scoring. He scores a TD with 58 seconds left in the game, making me regret that I didn't just take the points at the end of the half, 10-7. With 58 seconds left I return the kickoff with CJ for a touchdown and win 14-10.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I got it yesterday. Played a little franchise, but mostly did some Madden Moments.

3. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

Have yall noticed how when the computer goes for it on fourth down and don't get it the team will start celebrating like they converted the play

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Beginning to think EA Sports don't do any Quality Testing.

5. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

That's why they need to bring back NFL 2k
    2013 can't come quick enough

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That certainly seems to be the case.

The more I play Madden 11 the more flaws I notice. I still have a ton of fun with the game, as it is the only NFL sim out there. But man, EA really doesn't seem to care anything about their customers. I know the hardcore Madden/NFL fans will always find something to complain about. But there are just so many things in the game (every year) that are flat out inexcusable.

"New York Titans"= Inexcusable. How that makes it through their "quality control" or whatever, I have no idea. Seriously, you can't even get the team names right? :facepalm: What's so frustrating is that it is so easy to notice and would've been such a simple fix. EA should seriously be embarrassed.

The commentary/audio in general is just laughable. Why oh why, with today's gaming advancements, can we still not get a more realistic commentary? (The score is.... THE TITANS.... forty-two...... THE JAGUARS....... seventeen) So robotic, even more so than in years past. And not to mention the repetitiveness and stupid things that are said. Collinsworth will call a particular QB "one of the most accurate QBs in the league" and not 30 seconds later will say "_______ isn't really known for his accuracy". Oh, and Collinsworth still talks to Tom Hammond even though he isn't in the game anymore. L-O-L. People can say I'm nitpicking but the bottom line is these are things that should be so freaking easy to improve and EA doesn't even make the attempt. I'm not asking for 100% authenticity, but at least show me you're trying EA.

I won't even go into the gameplay/physics issues.....

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Okay, so I realize Rod Hood is out for the season, but I still think I should be able to have him as the #2 CB. Finnegan is 92. Then the drop-off is huge. McCourty and Hill are behind him with 68 ratings. Verner is 66 and Mouton is 63. This is horrendous. Even if McCourty and Hill aren't all that great they need to bump one if not both into the mid-70s.

I'm about to check the other rosters and make sure this is consistent. Foxworth, Holt, Colon, Big Ben (for now, at least), etc. all better be out.

Revis and Favre better be out. The list goes on and on.

EDIT: You can play with everyone I just mentioned. If that's not proof everyone hates the Titans, I don't know what is.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Damn, they do say "New York Titans". I heard it clear as day last night when playing.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Holt just got put on IR so it would make sense that he's in there. (I'm even pretty sure he was put on IR AFTER the roster update). Also, holdouts and suspended players like Revis and Ben are never out of the game. You can use McGrath for the first 4 games as well. And I'm pretty sure if CJ was still holding out that he'd still be on our roster. I really don't think it's any kind of conspiracy against the Titans.

I'm fine with our roster. I just wish guys like Mariani and Rolle were in there, but I can see why they aren't. Still, they should at least be available via free agency. I don't like the idea of EA bumping up a player's rating just so a particular teams starters won't be so weak. The Titans have a weak CB group. Aside from Finny, we got nothing... from EA's perspective at least. We have an unproven rookie, a mediocre vet and two 2nd year guy's who basically did nothing in their rookie year. I don't think any one of those guys deserve a 70+ rating at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar