Madden 13

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xpmar9x, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Question for somebody, can I skip practices in "franchise" mode aka CCM or do I have to do them? I'm noticing a lot of wasted time on practicing when I could be playing. I mean we're talking about practice, not games, practice.... Why am I being forced to do this :rolleyes:

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I never practice in CCM. Play the game and then hit advance week

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Roster update #1 has no rating changes. Just roster moves. Stupid.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Ghetto.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Picked this up yesterday. There are definitely some things I don't like in the Connected Career Coach mode. Why they would take control that has always been present away from the player I have no idea. But at the end of the day they are just minor annoyances. I'm still having fun with the mode.

As for the gameplay. I really like the direction they're headed. But I've definitely noticed a lot of bugs. Weird physics issues mostly. Also a few times I noticed the game screwed up down and distance. E.G. On one play, it was 1st & 10 and I ran the ball with CJ. Gained about 8 yards. He got popped hard and fumbled. But it was recovered by the OL. Then the announcer says something about how it was an incomplete pass (?) and the game says it's now 2nd & 10 (should've been 2nd&inches). Which really sucked because it was a crucial moment in a game and I ended up having to punt and eventually losing the game by a FG.

Oh well. I also noticed the statbook has glitches. I've seen CJ credited with a TD that never even happened in the game. And I've seen a 50 yard reception by Washington go in the statbook as a rush. At the end of the day, not a big deal. But annoying. Hopefully most (or at least some) of these bugs get fixed in a patch.

What difficulty setting do the rest of you play on? And do you adjust sliders? Quarter length? Right now I'm using 10min quarters and getting a fairly realistic # of plays per game. But I have to admit, I'm having a very hard time adjusting to this game for some reason. In previous Maddens I would absolutely dominate on All-Pro right off the bat. In this one I had it set to All-Pro and I lost to the Pats 10-7. Then I lost to the Chargers (UGH!) 16-14. I was having such a hard time getting ANY sustainable offense going. And it seemed like my D was a little too stout. I mean, 10 points to the Pats.. come on. So then for my 3rd game against the Lions I, shamefully, took the difficulty down to Pro. And lo and behold, I have the exact opposite experience. I win a shootout 46-42. CJ has 250+ yards. Locker has 3 TDs. But my defense couldn't stop anything.

IDK, maybe I just need practice since this is a new engine and all. It definitely seems much more difficult to pass successfully now, which isn't a bad thing. It will just take some getting used to.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The pass game is different for sure. The timing thing with each receiver eventually becomes natural and you don't notice the difference. Some of the gimme throws are completely gone. The audibles for RBs are stellar tho!

7. xpmar9x

So rumor has it there's the roster update updated ratings too... Anybody dl it yet?

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Mother effer!!!

I was down 3....game was practically over....he had the ball and it was 2nd and goal for him at the 2 yard line with 14 seconds left...instead of running the clock..he decides to be cute and pass the ball...Griffin pics it off and i'm basically taking it back for 6 because nobody else in site within 15 yards of him

out of freakin' nowhere some guy #92 or something catches up to me at the 5 yard line and i lose

9. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

I just noticed the goTitans community has 8 people on Xbox. We could start up a league if we wanted.

10. xpmar9x

Ok, so I was incorrect. Normally Donny Moore (the ratings guy) releases details to EVERY single change he makes. This first update, he didn't include any roster changes... but I compared the release day roster to the new roster (now available for download). Here's the changes I found:

Locker: 75 to 78
    (Awaremess went up 6 pts. SAC up 2, MAC up 2, SAC down 3, PAC down 1)

Reynaud: 61 to 67
    (Elusiveness from 46 to 75)

Stevens now listed as #1 FB

Velasco now a C, and +1 Overall

Egboh: 64 to 70
    (Awareness 52 to 60, Block Shredding +5)

Douzable switched to RE
    (dropped from 72 to 67, no rating change)

DaJohn Harris added (63 overall)

Klug went down 1 overall? Not sure why.

Marks: 74 to 76

McCarthy: 76 to 77
    (Awr +2, Catching +4, Pursuit +1, ManCov +10, ZoneCov -2)

Zach Brown: 65 to 66
    (Speed 80 to 88)

Campbell: 69 to 70

I'm happy with the changes. Still not sure why Klug went down. I'd like to see Casey and McCarthy go up. They both will as the season progresses for sure. So glad they fixed Zach Browns speed. Also, Rojo needs a rating boost.. he should be about a 70.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar