Mack Brown: "After he played so poorly against Missouri, he never lost another game."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Referencing VY of course. And while I certainly thing Young is facing more difficult times now and I don't expect him to never lose again, this is definitely encouraging.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/09/11/0911texnotes.html

Vince is a guy who feeds off passion and emotion. If he wants to get mad at the media, heck let him get mad. He seems to play better when has that "us v.s. the world" mentality. We all know what he did after Reggie won the Heisman...

I also encourage everyone to actually go to titansonline.com and listen to VY's comments yesterday in full (Nearly 16 minutes worth). I certainly don't believe 100% of what he said, but I think the reporters didn't do such a hot job of getting all his comments out there. He was more convincing when I actually heard him rather than reading quotes.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So if goes out and sucks wind in his next few starts this point is moot.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I personally don't care at this point. There's a lot of he said/she said stuff going on.

I'm focusing on how he handles himself moving forward. I want to see him work to get himself ready to play. I want to read about him studying film. I want to see him handle adversity with some dignity.

Nothing he's saying now means squat unless he's actually committed to improving. Time will tell.

4. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

not only that, but a true competitor would come out of the gates jumping. I would hope and expect VY to come back almost rookie like. I mean if i was in his shoes i would be totally embarrassed as hell. If my mom released a statement and said he is hurting on the inside and out?? after all this stirred up i would definitely want to show my butt the next time i hit the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar