LP and 103 Took Me Out of the Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fairwin, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

I don't know about anyone else, but the barrage of LP field and 103 KDF advertisements when we were down 16/zip really soured my stomach yesterday. I heard a collective groan when "LP Man" came on the jumbotron, and some NY Jets fans behind me were shaking their heads in disbelief as the man shouted out "YEEHAW" as the correct answer to the 103 KDF trivia question. I find it hard to believe that the majority of the crowd wants to participate in that, and it has to be somewhat demoralizing to the players as well. Can't they just get the guys from The Zone or one of the other sports/talks to do the whole show? I can't see how pandering to our hayseed image is helping, and I payed a lot of money to go to a football game, not watch some country music videos.
    If I'm out of line, please tell me so, but the onslought of media was such that I found it difficult to get up and yell when the defense was on the field. Judging by the reaction of the rest of the fans during the first half, I'd have to think I wasn't alone.
    (btw... #31 Marisa Miller is the real deal)

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, you are spot on
    and more fans should voice there opinons of the stadum experiece more often
    thats pretty bad when the entertainment detracts you from being the 12th man

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I agree 100% and have been saying so in my section since day 1. The whole game day experience during timeouts is a joke. Stupid kroger shopping cart cartoon, the hide the peanut under the helmet bit, now we have LP man or some such idiotic thing we sit thru and the worst as far as I'm concerned is the 103 crap that as was stated plays to the "country bumkin" image that is already what comes to mind in many from other parts of the country. I am ok with some things they do just to give credit for instance the player highlights they do are well done. They should show more other game highlights during timeouts, more cheerleader dances. And lest we forget the best thing to do to improve your game attendance would be firing Schwatzie.:suspect:

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've been going to home games since 2000. They are still using alot of the same stupid-A55 cartoons and corny skits. The jumbotrons absolutely suck. We need some fly boards between the upper and lower decks- even many of the colleges have better. And I agree the LP man is the dumbest thing I've ever seen- a close second is the field name and matchbox looking logo.

I've shelled a LOT of $$ into the franchise- and I'm COMPLETELY disappointed, disgruntled and disinterested. I'd rather stay at home.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the remember the titans video needs to be dropped. I am at the point I don't want to remember their bad plays

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I cant wait to visit...

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Who is in charge of the entertainment anyway? Seems like the brass would realize that when you can't field a winning team you better give some value to the experience.

If they don't get moving and change things, a lot of PSL's are gonna change hands. Hopefully not to the point where we no long "sell-out" the games.

8. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I can't stomach it either, It really has gotten bad since it turned to "LP Field", it's just embarrassing to watch..

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I generally agree, did like the mr. deeds quote about the Jets though...

10. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

At one point, they even aired a commercial for the new Aaron Neville record after he sang the National Anthem at the game. I thought that was really basement self-promotion on Neville's part. You're supposed to sing the anthem because of inspiration, not to sell records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar