Love ya blue (jerseys).

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Aug 15, 2009.

?
  1. Yes... I love the retro look

29.7%
  2. No, I like the current gear (the past is the past... let it go Oiler boy)

28.1%
  3. I wouldn't mind a change, but I'd prefer a new look entirely

1.6%
  4. No, but I wouldn't mind a version of it as the alternate

40.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think most of you know that I'm an old diehard Oilers fan and have followed this franchise since before many on here were born. That being said I love the Titans. I love how the city of Nashville embraced this franchise when the city of Houston chose not too. I just wanted to add this little preface so it was clear that I'm not pining for a return to Houston or a rebirth of the old name.

Even though I've always really liked the Titans uniforms, after seeing those awesome throwbacks last Sunday night I couldn't help but wish the Titans' unis were based more on these. I"m not going to lie, some of this I'm sure is motivated by nosalgia for the old Oilers, but really, if the gear didn't look so great (IMO) I wouldn't be pimping a change to the old style duds.

Is this not sweet?
    [​IMG]

Couldn't Bud just replace the derrick with a white T? I think the no-nonsense old school look would be awesome (and as a bonus it would perhaps strengthen the connection between the current team and the franchise's past). We could break out the current home jersey as an alternate. Thoughts?

As I type this I've got no idea how this will be received. I'm sure Tennesseans who adopted this team after the move at times grow a little tired of us old Oilers fans constantly yapping about the past. :ha:

WTF. I think I'll include a poll.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i like the throwbacks and its gonna be good to see them a few times this season but i rather stick to the two tone blue. i really like the blue helmets. i rather have the current logo on a light blue helmet

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They are sweet uniforms. I think they should keep the oil derrick, and not replace it with a T. I say all Oilers or all Titans.

I wish teams were allowed to have 3 home jerseys. I would love to see this every year, along with the dark blue and light blue.
    I voted keep it as an alternate, just because I love the Light bue Titan jerseys too much. But the Oilers is a very good change of pace.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd love the change. Love the old school uniforms.

The white T reminds me the University of Tennessee helmet.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TB, your post and poll are confusing.
    What are you advocating exactly?

I wouldn't mind letting the navy jersey slide away, I guess. I'd rather see the Oiler uniform set as an alternate. That would be really cool. We could break them out whenever we play the Texans. It would really irritate some Texan fans. I like that aspect. Also, Since we playing with these light blue jerseys as home jerseys now I would like to see them paired with white pants.

I like the white jersey and light blue pant on the road. The only flaw is the solid navy/navy look would not be able to be done anymore. That is an alternate uniform set that rivals the throwback.

Is your post suggesting a move to the "oil derrick" uniform set becoming the norm and the "Titan" set becoming an alternate? I wouldn't like that at all. I wouldn't mind seeing the oil derrick set twice a year and not seeing the navy jersey. I think the lack of the navy jersey is important to emphasize. It will not be seen AT ALL this year... at least not on the field... we will see plenty in the stands.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The team is not going to switch to these permanently (at least not any time soon), and the team definitely isn't going to bring back the oil derrick logo.

I think the best solution is to tweak the current uniforms so that they look more traditional and incorporate some of the best elements of these uniforms (perhaps the light blue helmet and that fantastic number font).

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think it might have been a cool idea to use all Oilers unis this year in honor of the AFL anniversary, but after this year, absolutely not.

But it's definitely a fun change of pace. I wish they'd outline the derrick and the stripe on the helmet with red so it would match the rest of the uniform.

it bugs the piss out of me though that we played a Thanksgiving day game, and didn't have a legitimate throwback uniform until the next year. It would have been awesome for them to unveil those against the Lions last year.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I like them a lot better. Mainly because of the solid color. Never been a fan of the shoulder stripe on the regular Titan jerseys.

I also think the small amount of red really look good.

9. boltwalt

boltwalt Starter

I'm looking forward to the game against The Jets, hopefully both teams will be in throwback uniforms so it will be the Titans vs. The Oilers.:lol:

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i think it is a super-awesome alternative jersey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar