Love MM8, but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MM8, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

But he will be our future...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

They won’t do that. He will be the qb of this team going forward. I would be shocked if they didn’t extend him.

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

This is literally just fishing. When he walked off the field it was because they said he was having trouble griping the ball again. Clearly no way he could throw the ball if he cant even grip it due to nerve injury. As far as him getting hurt, some of it this year is on him for holding the ball too long, but that is to be expected some in yet again a nee offense. The main reason why hes hurt is the fact that our OL has been one of the worse this year regarding pass protection.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Geez, you guys are awful and always assume the worst.

Look, when this happened for the first time in Miami, Mariota tried to continue but literally couldn't grip the ball. He got pulled and didn't show up again for two weeks when he went with the glove. During his absence, there were medical professionals quoted as saying that this kind of injury might take several weeks or even months to completely heal. And " completely heal" doesn't mean you send him back into a competitive football game where he can reaggravate it all over again.

It's a safe guess that the training staff has a regimen to try to get the nerve back to passable football condition as quickly as possible. And that regimen is done in the locker room. If Blaine gets injured while he's doing this, then he'd come back out but would probably not be doing a lot of passing or maybe go back to the glove.

I get the feeling not many of you ever did competitive sports at a high level. Most athletes will play through a lot of stuff but there are some things that just don't work. I don't consider this part of being "injury prone". This is really the initial injury never getting a chance to completely heal, which is going to happen when DBs are trying to toss you to the turf when your o-line misses a block.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

My gripe with Marcus is holding the ball and standing there. Rather he’d act like an unpolished college qb and just takeoff immediately , at least he knows when and how to slide. Either step up in the pocket (if there is one) and climb it confidently or run to day light . Not just standing around confused and throwing off back foot or getting sacked , that’s nauseating to watch time and again as a fan. I’d still be happy extending him though, I think he has what it takes to lead a team to a championship once he masters the offense and stops taking all those hits.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not a doctor, but you’d have to speculate he has some nerve damage or something. If it’s consistently an issue, something has to be going on.

I’d think the only real option is lengthy rest, but it’s hard to sit out games for something like a stinger when everything is fine until it gets hit again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. zoso

zoso Starter

He's made out of Hawaiian volcanic glass. Sharp but brittle.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

This week will be telling. If he doesn't start Sunday, we know there's a real issue!

9. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I wish he would start doing the Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and just drop to the ground to protect himself on some of these for sure sacks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Twitter rumor we’re bringing in austIn Davis

Vrabel ready to ride with gabby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar