Love MM8, but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MM8, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

He did have some of, what I consider, his best passes of his career this season. Unfortunately, I could probably count those great passes on one hand.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

If he figures out how to handle pressure within this offense , he’ll be fine. Find out next year I guess.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Well if we are going to draft another QB I see next off season as the time it happens... For more than 1 reason. My 1st reason is the obvious: That will be a MUCH better QB Class to select from. Although I do personally like D. Haskins from this class. I believe he will be the best QB of this class & will make some team very happy w/time.

The other reason: Holy CRAP look at that schedule!! There will not be any easy wins in this one!! I could easily see us losing 11 games next yr w/this schedule... Everyone says you can't judge it off the schedule. Looking at these teams.... It's gonna be a ROUGH yr unless we do some MAJOR work in the Passing game... No way we keep up w/teams like KC, Saints, Colts, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, & even the Browns now... Not w/the run heavy "Exotic Smash Mouth" 2.0 offense we ran this yr...

Home:

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    Away:

• Denver Broncos
    • Oakland Raiders*
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    Maybe I am just being too negative right now... But Damn, I do not know if we walk out of 2019 w/5 wins... Hell even the Brown were killing teams at the end of the yr w/Mayfield. Hell, they passed for over 4k yds this yr. The Bucs as dysfunctional as they were; still scored a lot of points. Now, they are hiring a new HC. Most likely another Offensive guy to stabilize Winston... This may be a rough yr. The only positive is it would put us in prime QB picking territory.... That IS NOT what I want. I want us to win. I am just not sure that we will unless we make some big time changes to the offense.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

16 Passing TDs is not going to cut it w/ that line up. It looks like we could pretty easily lose 4 or 5 home games... Again, maybe I am just being too negative. I just was not impressed w/ the offense at all this yr. This was supposed to be the yr we finally broke into the modern era of football... That fell apart quickly. Injuries hurt us for sure. However, the play calling was not great anyway. We ran more this yr than we did when Robiskie was calling plays... Old "Keep running the same run till one breaks" Robiskie.

What really concerns me is what Vrabel said about improving the offense around week 4-6... "We need to establish the run. We will just keep running it until we get one to break" That's pretty much a TR calling card... Makes me seriously think the offense we saw this yr; is the offense Vrabel WANTS to see. If that is the case; we went from 1 HC who was "Exotic Smash Mouth" to another that is the same way. I'm not bashing him & hope I'm wrong. But it is concerning for sure.

5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Well ... No more "IF's" from me when it comes to Mariota. His TD pattern is going down so I'm expecting him to throw 9-10 TD's next season. Anything above that is a bonus.
    I want to make it clear that it would be best if he would somehow morph into the Franchise QB that we've been waiting/hoping for, but injuries , coaching changes, scheme changes , lack of roster talent or whatever the case. It just hasn't happened.

Until Mariota plays like it,and thats the problem , he hasnt. As much as I hate to say it. I think it would be best to start looking for his replacement. There are going to be several "Mariota" tier type QB'S available during free agency period or possibly draft a QB if a "potentially" good one becomes available.

6. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

The schedule doesn't concern me nearly as much. Our toughest games are at home, all the road teams are beatable. Assuming we upgrade some positions, we'll have anywhere from 8-12 wins next year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

There is no good answer to the real question about Mariota | Nashville Post

Good article by David Boclair on Mariota and the state of AFCS QBs. It is a tough call.

IMO, it would be worth bringing Marcus back at a discount, but not at 20M+. As the article points out, it just limits where you can build the rest of your roster too much, which is not an option if you dont have a top QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Spot on. Marcus is the very worst kind of qb. Not good enough to contend with, but just good enough where he will be very difficult to upgrade.

What will happen is likely this. We will pay him, and try to build a team around his bloated undeserved contract, which will mean letting lots of our talent walk and being unable to pursue decent free agents. Eventually the roster around him will get poor enough that we have a bottom of the barrel season and can finally replace him, but we will be drafting a rookie into a bare cupboard.

I hope Jrob has the stones to find his guy and trade whatever is required to go get him. Three firsts, fine, just let us a QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Picking up Foles and Trading MM8 for 2020 draft pick really only way out. I’m not 100% out on MM8. I think he’s adequate. But I would move him if an advantageous opportunity presented itself.

10. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

I'd say sign him now but not much on the guarantees. Around 90mil for 5 years max. He's not played for 20mil and even his agent must know this. Ride it out with him, he could have a 10+ win season but then we got a draft a high rd pick qb in a year or 2 and groom him till Marcus really falls from grace or new qb is ready. We need a more accurate passer with a stronger arm.

I don't see the point of knee jerking and risking 2-3 seasons on a rookie who does'nt pan out. Yea he's frustrating to watch but we have had back to back winning seasons and a playoff win with him under center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar