Losing stomach fat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's all about calories in-calories out.

That simple. If you burn a good portion of the calories you take in, you will lose fat guaranteed, unless you have some sort of disorder.

Like Gloat said, cardio is very important.
    My personal trainer friends say that lifting weights really makes you boost calorie burning. Every time I've lost a good amount of weight, I'd just eat more fiber (apples in my case) and did a lot of cardio.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not skinny by any means, but it's simply because I'm not motivated to do exercise. When I did, a year ago or so, I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Unfortunately you can't decide from which deposits your fat will be burned, but as long as you continue to burn fat it will eventually cut into your stomach deposits.
    Doing abwork won't reduce your stomach fat, but will enhance your stomach muscles, which will make it look better, even if you still have some fat around the midsection.

I have the same "problem" and it's really annoying to have a great sixpack hidden behind a layer of fat :lol:

Oh and don't go on a diet, permanently change your eating habbits instead. People who diet end up regaining the weight in like 99% of the cases.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You need to target your abs, back and sides in order to sculpt your stomach/torso area. Do crunches and side crunches. Talk to a trainer to learn how to lift weights in a way that targets your stomach. If you want to see the sculpte six pack look, you're also going to have to cut out sugar and carbs.

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Some good advise and I agree you can have strong muscle behind a layer of fat. I do 100 sit ups a day on an incline bench with a medicine ball on my chest. This keeps my abs toned but staying out of the refrigerator keeps them visible. I generally do 100 miles a week on my road bike over steep terrain. In the winter I ski and use an indoor trainer.
    Long rides on the weekend and shorter intense rides in the evening. One of my things is to ride with an empty stomach to train my body to burn fuel more effeciently. I don't do this on the long rides.
    I do weights 3 times a week but not for hours just enough to stay toned. Whatever type of training you chose it is a life style change and not a diet that will make adifference.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you trying to impress someone?

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

honestly, reading the bodybuilding dot com forums would be 1000000 times better than posting here. read it daily until u have a good diet and excersize routine going

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Yes! Myself.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Surely you've seen several hundred adds on the internet that can help you solve this problem...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here is a No BS way you can lose that pouch your talking about. Get a 2nd person or use a hanging bar. If your fortunate enough to have a 2nd person have them do 'Leg Throw Downs' with you. keep your knees straight and don't tap your heels on the ground.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aQbQVgsRZ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aQbQVgsRZ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    You don't need to get this intense, but try.

If you don't get that other person, you can still get the same workout by doing these. I like doing these with my legs straightened.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxYTFd4HEno&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxYTFd4HEno&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Do 1 of the 2 or both and I promise you'll lose the belly fat in mere weeks. Do the leg tosses/ Leg throw downs or hanging ab workout 4-5 times a week.

Go at it like your life depends on it. And watch the carbohydrates you consume.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

only my mirror

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar