Looks Like Young Might Ride The Short Bus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChitownTitan, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

I agree...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pro day?

Young had every opportunity to show his athletic superiority over cutler, jacobs and all other QBs at the combine. He could have done it on the same stage on the same turf. After cutler, jacobs and croyle posted 4.8 type 40 times young could have popped eyeballs with a 4.45. But he didn't.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think any fool can look at his game film and tell that he runs sub 4.5. He really had no incentive to go at it "on even terms" when he can just run at a fast track on his pro day. Let me ask you this... had he ran at the combine and came in at 4.7, would that change your opinion about his running ability ? I would still look at the game film and see that nobody tackles this guy one on one.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Peter Warrick couldn't be handled in college, then he ran a 4.6 and lost a lot of hype.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Peter Warrick was over hyped his entire college career.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Peter was always more about agility than straight line speed. Kinda ironic that his teammate, Laverneus Coles, turned out to be a better pro.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The whining over the combine thing is SOOOO old. Most top players DON'T participate in the combine anymore. Happens every year and guess what...will happen next year.

8. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

His agent actually got that one right.....wait and don't work out at the combine.....nothing to really gain. If he runs a 4.6 or better, shows agility and displays a strong arm....stronger than Leinart and close to Cutler....no one will remember the combine or the Wonderlic.....even Mr. Reese.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Running on a fast track?

2008 must think that you can fool nfl scouts and GMs. Like they can't tell a time was put up on a fast track or something. Of course according 2008 we can just look at film and tell he runs fast so maybe young need not get times at all then.

Young had a chance to put his 40 time right against almost all other top QBs. Only lienart didn't compete. Cutler, jacobs, whitehurst, croyle were all there but according to one poster "most" top prospects are not. What is more is that the combine turf is a real nfl field not a track. Real games are played there.

A short while ago aj hawk popped a 4.42 and a 4.45 on a pro day. Wow awesome right? Didn't help him a bit because his times were so much better than his combine time(4.57) it is assumed that something must not be right about them. If young runs a 4.45 at some pro day it will impress the scouts but a 4.45 at the combine would have carried more weight and that is FACT!

But hey i'm not vince young and i'm not his agent or family. I have no financial stake in this.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Speaking of the wonderlic...

Rolltide was right, again.

Based on several sources including the miami herald and the st louis post dispatch when a player scores poorly at the combine they will take the test again and the second test will "have more shapes than words".

Only one poster on this board mentioned reading comprehension as a possible reason some people are some groups may not score as well. I was right, again, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar