Rumor Looks Like We are Stuck with Webster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I'm a lil suprised by the few that have Websters back in here.

Interesting stuff.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I still give Webster credit for Mariota. Plenty of analysts, and more than 50% of us/you guys wanted to trade instead. Lot of us wanted Williams and Cooper. Turning around now and saying it was a given isn't fair at all. Regardless theres no "givens" in the NFL.

If Mariota was a bust, ala VY, would we give Webster a pass because "he had no choice, he HAD to pick him"? Na we'd be (rightfully) calling for his head. Theres plenty of cant miss prospects that bust, and Mariota was FAR FAR FAR FAR away from that.

3. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Just curious why did you use the Seahawks for an example?

4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Taking Mariota was fine.

But you understand what the plan after that was don't you? Surround him with a bunch of unpolished offensive talent. I personally don't feel that is a good strategy. If you are going to surround with players to help him. Surround him with more experienced, polished players. Had he done that, the team prob would have had more than 3 victories this year to thus point. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Iunno they've got a lot of talent, back to back superbowls stemming from those 3 key drafts. I probably read somewhere that their past drafts have been terrible.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Because people rave about how well ran they are.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Its not gonna happen overnight. Carr had jack **** in Oakland last year and they did the right thing and got him Cooper and Crabtrae, now that entire offense (and Carr) is looking vastly improved.

Just for fun here were the WR FAs from last year:

Jeremy Maclin (Signed 5-year, $55M deal with KC)
    Torrey Smith (Signed 5-year, $40M deal with SF)
    Andre Johnson (Signed 3-year, $21M deal with IND)
    Percy Harvin (Signed 1-year, $6M deal with BUF)
    Michael Crabtree
    Stevie Johnson (Signed 3-year, $10.5M deal with SD)
    Dwayne Bowe (Signed 2-year, $12.5M deal with CLE)
    Kenny Britt (Re-signed 2-year, $9.15M deal with STL)
    Greg Jennings
    Cecil Shorts (Signed 2-year, $6M deal with HOU)
    Brian Hartline (Signed 2-year, $6M deal with CLE)
    Eddie Royal (Signed 3-year, $15M deal with CHI)

None of those contracts are worth to me. Crabtree, but I think hes more of a 2 kind of guy.

Now... Websters not exactly blame free. His second biggest mistake was obviously not fixing the RT position. But again there weren't really any options in FA. We tried in the draft but obvious has not worked out so far.

Finally he definitely could have upgraded the RB position. Really could use someone back there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I was just wondering if he was going to credit Webster for some of those early picks. Seahawk fan is very quick to give credit to Scot McCloughan. Now Redskins General Manager.

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yea maybe it just is the McCloughan guy. I'm not trying to say its completely random, but I think its just better to evaluate the 1st round pick a GM makes... When a lot of "his guys" are still there. Websters have been alright. I still vehemently disagree with the idea of a guard in the top half of the 1st round, but he gets a small break because that draft was horrible for everyone...

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think a lot of fans and media really underestimate the amount of luck involved in the draft. Pretty much any "stud" taken after round 3, is luck. Yes you can have guys on your board that other teams don't. But, if the pats knew brady was going to be half of what he's become, he would have been drafted in round 1. No way you chance a guy like that not getting drafted until the 6th round. But, the real gauge for a gm (imo) is in rounds 1-3, along with fas.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar