Rumor Looks Like We are Stuck with Webster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yea I agree. Now Websters second round picks have been pretty awful, so I'm not exactly opposed to getting rid of him lol. Theres a balance between Mariota Lewan and his recent FAs vs the bad second and third round picks.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think the negatives outweigh the positives.

Positives:
    Mariota, Lewan, Casey, Daquan Jones, Williamson, Orakpo, Walker, Woods,

Negatives:
    Locker, Sankey, Hunter, Poutasi, Zach Brown, Ayers, SLH, Levitre, Warmack, whoever the RT has been, running back, McCluster.

Look at everything we've invested in the offense; we should be humming.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The ridiculousness that is our offensive line is fireable, in my opinion. The #1 priority when Munchak took over in 2011 was to get the line fixed. Four years, two premium draft picks, and millions of dollars later we aren't any better now than we were before.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My feelings about Webster are based on his full body of work.

As for taking Mariota at #2, who didn't expect him to do it if there was no trade? Any GM who bases decisions on "pundits and fans" isn't fit for the job. I said way back that I bet Strunk told him Mariota was the pick because this franchise desperately needed a face to put butts in the seats.

Why don't you tell us why he deserves to keep his job?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

VY was ROTY. We're going to need more time before we know how Mariota works out.

Meanwhile, you have quite a few Webster picks and free agents to judge his ability to evaluate talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Damn, that was solid post

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm not "defending" Webster.. I'm calling a spade a spade. Rightfully blast him for Hunter, Sankey, Oher, Hutchinson, Wimbley, Xaviar Gooden, Mike Martin, Blidi Wreh., not having a better plan at RT this year etc...Give him credit for DaQuan Jones, Avery Williamson, keeping Morgan, signing Orakpo, a little credit for Mariota, etc

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Warmack is a better than average guard. Fry just hates him because he is a Bama guy. Warmack and Lewan are both good picks.

I can't blame Webster for signing Levitre he was widely considered the best free agent guard at the time. Levitre deserves most of the blame there.

The Micheal Oher signing last year can't be bashed he is the starting LT for a 12-0 team. Not sure why he didn't play better for us.

As for Mariota who would get blamed if he was a horrible bust? Then give Webster credit for him being good.

What about the TE signings? Walker is one of the best FA acquisitions we ever had. We got Fasano for little and kept Stevens when we could have been cheap and dumped him.

Keeping Morgan and getting Orakpo was very smart and we have done well with our DTs. Jones is looking good and Blackson is coming around. Woods has had some good games.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree, why fire him now when his recent picks and signings were his best? Mariota, DGB and his signing of Walker last year and Orakpo this year.

He also hired Lebeau.

Mularkey is also looking like the right decision at the time.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

My only concern (okay not only but main) is if any potential HC candidates may not want the job because of potential stability issues. Hue Jackson for example, went 8-8 in Oakland but was fired after a new GM came in. Would he really come here and possibly face that same situation again? If we fire Webster and just commit to cleaning house, it's a fresh slate. If we keep Wester, there will be many lingering questions upstairs. It's not hard to find guys that believe in Mariota, I just want the guys that can deliver on their jobs and get this team winning again.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar