Looks like the Chiefs wanted to trade up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Regardless of what you say there will always be people who believe in always trading down and that more picks are better and higher picks. It happens every draft.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Glad we didn't make this trade and I think JRob was smart making both of those picks in the 1st. After reflecting on the draft process this year, our franchise has to look at the draft differently now than the past few years. We're not in rebuilding mode anymore where we just try and snag as many picks as possible and hope a couple iron out. This year, because of J Rob, we had a chance to take a top end talent at a position of need and picked a top CB at our other position of need. Trading back with the Chiefs would have robbed us of that chance for, mid round picks and another late 1st? Not many teams after a 9 win season can take arguably the best WR in the draft and at worst, a top 3 CB.

Needs have been filled. Now it's time to watch the young talent continue to grow and see where we can go from here.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

4. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

A good friend of mine
    Couldn’t make it to our draft party because he’s in his last year of exams for his electrician ticket. He’s a Chiefs fan so when they traded up, we gave him a call and told him of the massive trade, and asked what he hoped it was for. He said QB, even though they have Smith and this wasn’t a good QB draft. I was actually shocked, I thought he’d be pissed, but he was actually happy. Not sure what the average is for their fan base, but I can’t believe what they gave up for a QB in this class.

I’m also happy JR didn’t take the trade. He’s turned over, and rounded out the roster fairly well in a short time period. This team has lack superstar playmakers, and needs to spend some early draft capital on guys who could become just that. He did, one on each side of the ball. I’m glad it went the way it did, although I’d of preferred another CB in the 3rd.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

After more thought you may be right Gut, I think I maaay have taken this deal.

Kinda surprised J'Rob didn't, he must have Corey Davis VERY highly ranked. Taking KCs "rumored" deal of 5 for 27, 59, 132, and '18 1st (we probably could get an additional 2018 pick, but that's besides the point), that would leave us with 7 picks inside the top-132 of a deeeep draft. Here's how it could of played out:

18 - OJ Howard (goes 1 pick later, offensive weapon for Mariota, obviously of importance for the FO this off-season)
    27 - Adoree' Jackson (where does he fall to if we don't draft him at 18? Can trade up with all our additional ammo, or even take Tre'Davious White, Reuben Foster, TJ Watt, or Kevin King.)
    59 - Chidobe Awuzie (We had him in for a predraft visit, legit 6' and has CB1 potential.)
    83 - Chris Godwin (goes 1 pick later, was my #4 WR this year after a great combine. I remember watching the Rose Bowl and thinking he'd look great in two-tone blue.)
    100 - Taywan Taylor (does he fall to #100? I feel like there would be a chance, unless Denver had him ranked above Carlos Henderson at 82. Again, could trade up if wanted.)
    124 - assuming we had to use this to trade up for Taywan Taylor or Adoree? May have used a 2018 pick?
    132 - Carlos Watkins (simply BPA at this pick, would provide more DL competition). ILB here maybe?

Oh yeah, then we also have TWO 1sts again next year. Still added offensive weapons (OJ Howard, Godwin, and Taywan Taylor). Added TWO corners in Adoree and Awuzie and managed to find a rotational DL. Could of also went LB at 27, if we were confident in our trading ability with #59 to find a #1 corner. Lots of options.

Corey Davis better turn into a damn #1, I HAVE FAITH!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WICK3DIST

WICK3DIST Starter

I was also hoping to draft Godwin, he played high school ball where I also played (just about 7 years later), we wore 2 tone blue as well.... just slightly different shades lol.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Lol Wut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar