Looking Forward ---->

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The D wasn't that bad last week IMO. The D kept them to 26 pts for the 1st 59 minutes. If not for a garbage time TD that nobody thought would matter and a freak hail mary play then it would look like a blow out.

The Lions have an explosive offense with the best WR in the NFL. They are going to get their yards. But the D did a good job of holding them to FGs in the 1st half, and held Megatron to only like 1 or 2 catches.

We don't have the players/experience on the defense to have a top D, and we will give up yards. But if we can limit the points we give up I think we will be ok. It looks like we are giving up tons of points right now, but I think those stats are a little skewed and don't really tell the whole story because of the lack of offense the 1st 2 weeks. I think once the O finds their identity and is able to posess the ball longer, then the D won't give up as many points. If last week was any indication then the O moving in the right direction.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. We play scared on defense. And it starts at the top with the HC/DC. We gotta stop worrying about "giving up the big play" and just go play football. If you're better than us on that day, then congratulations. I'm so sick of watching offenses march up and down the field because we leave the middle wide open.

Dead last in the league in points against. And it's not even close. Might be time to admit it's not working and try something else there Jerry.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

You on Sunday?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I had us 1-3 to start the season but to finish 10-6. We're not as impressive as I thought so I'm going to knock that down to 9-7. Hopefully 9 wins gets us a playoff spot, I would hate to get another high draft pick for nothing.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Exactly. Aren't you guys sick of mediocrity? I know this sounds "bad" but I wouldn't mind seeing our team get into the top 5 draft selection if it means we don't have to go 3 seasons 8-8/9-7/7-9

and instead be true contenders for the next half a decade

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea lets hope for a high draft pick so we can draft guys like Vince Young and Pac Man Jones then wait until years later to complain that we didn't draft Demarcus Ware and Aaron Rodgers.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah since the teams that pick in the top of the draft always end up being true contenders.

When was the last time the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Packers etc had a top pick?

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

We're still a 4-6 win team. I see some positives for the future but we need another solid draft.

And w HAVE to either draft/sign some offensive linemen

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Also lets face it, we are you going to have to beat teams in shootouts.

But Jerry Gray has to get rid of playing the safeties twenty yards off the ball. Our secondary is so soft

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm with xpmar9x and JC. I think the D gets a bit better, especially as starters get healthier. Also, despite the fact we needed 3 scores from D/ST, this is still a very explosive team on O. The more Locker is in there, and Britt and Washington get healthier, the more we'll see that.

I envision a point the Titans will be able to quick-strike on offense. Not saying that will happen this week with Cook limited or out, but 9 or 10 wins is possible this season. Possible.

And yes, because of familiarity, the Titans can beat the Texans. We can limit Schaub and Johnson. Foster can run on us, but that eats clock. We may give up yards, but this team can get downfield quickly and score. I think and hope that after the Lions game, the team, both offense and defense, has more confidence the rest of the way.

Also, if we steal this game, we are making the playoffs. May not win the division, but the Titans will get a Wildcard spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar