Looking for a replacement for Drew Bennett?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Use a 7th rounder to secure this guy's rights.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/jeffsamardzija.html

I know he's committed to baseball, but there's nothing to say he won't change his mind.

Heck, Bo Jackson was eventually drafted with a 7th round pick by the Raiders (after the Bucs used a 1st on him) and he was working out allright until he got injured.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

might be worth a 7th rounder knowing that there's a good chance he'd amount to a wasted pick, but isn't that always a risk with a seventh rounder?

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

with all this talent in this draft giving up even a 7th rounder might be too much, why not wait, stay in touch with him, if he shows signs of changing his mind, invite him to camp, i think its to much of a risk to blwo a pick on someone playing for chicago, but not the bears.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:eh?:

we have ten picks, i think we can make do with spending a 7th rounder on him.

5. i dont see that he was projected to be a first rounder

6. Fry

7. yea i kno, but i just dont see him being talented enough for a first rounder is what i meant

8. Fry

he produced more than ginn and bowe, he just isnt as flashy.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I doubt he would've been a first rounder. He had great production playing with Brady Quinn, sure. He isn't really a great athlete, though. Probably a mid 2nd rounder if he had not went to baseball. As it stands, someone might take him in the 7th, but most likely, he'll go undrafted. It also matters how good of a baseball prospect he is. Just from that little link, I'm going to assume he is a pretty good prospect. Still, even if we could guarantee that he would be playing football in say 2 years, that is a limited athlete at receiver who'll be in his mid 20s for his rookie season and hasn't played football for 2 years. No thanks.

10. Fry

he had better production than bowe, who played with jamarcus russel.

let me make something clear, i would not have selected him in the first round had he not chosen baseball, but we're talking about a seventh round pick here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar