Long Term Deal for Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He had less carries per game when Mariota was QB. Can’t just look at rushing yards. Look at his YPC.

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

In September of his fourth year...before he really played that season. So really after 3 years of which he only played 2.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

So is it a good thing for the Titans or potentially bad that Tannehill hired the same agent as Henry. Business is picking up. Double package?

4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Four of those 6 he averaged less than 4 yds...and 2 games less than 3 yds. After the yds per game were consistently better. Never below 4 and 5 games over 5–2 over 8 and 1 over 6.

#914 Titanoiler51, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I’m sorry man if he was coming off an injury and one good season I don’t think people would be itching to sign Henry to a huge deal.

Also worth nothing Johnson’s contract wasn’t huge. 3/39 much different than Zeke’s deal.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

First 4 games without Lewan. Stop reaching. He was ineffective in 2 games this season. Denver and Jacksonville.

You’re just being foolish if you don’t think Henry was solid all year this year.

7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

We can agree to disagree. And for the time 13 mill a year was top RB money I believe. So it was huge for the date it was signed. Then Gurley hit and Zeke hit and now it doesn’t seem so big.

8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I just gave you the number man.. Interpret them as you will. You said don’t look at total yards but average—so I gave you the averages that proved my point. What more can I show you. I said he improved significantly when Tannehill came on board. The number bear that out. Lewan likely played a role too. But He needed an improved passing game to open up the running game and Tannehill provides that. If we don’t switch to Tannehill his season looks a lot different I think. Above average to good, not great.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

AAV it was a large deal but it was only 3 years long and he could be cut after 2 seasons. Not really a huge commitment for them.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So you’re saying he would have been above average to good (if no QB change) and I said he was good all year. You are just arguing to argue lol get out of here dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar