Long Term Deal for Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Of course you also have to take into account that not one of the top 5 paid RBs were playing Sunday. A lot of money tied up into sitting at home watching tv.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Henry has been used sparingly during the first part of his career. The game has come to him and I think the next 3-4 years are going to be the best in his career. I expect improved blitz pick-up and slip/bubble screens.

Sign. Him.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

I think it's highly likely that we tag him and try to negotiate a long term deal as the season approaches, but it's extremely unlikely we offer anywhere close to Zeke money.

And I don't believe Henry will ultimately sit out the season regardless. Not because he's a team first player, but because he doesn't have the leverage to do so. He's made roughly 5.8 million over his career, I just don't think he can afford to sit out the season and risk losing that much money. Even when Bell sat out, he had just come off a season where he was already tagged and earned about 12 million that year.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Letting BDH walk would be a idiot move

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I'd give Henry a 4 yr deal, similar to Zeke. I'd franchise Tanne and make him prove he can do it over a full season. Just don't let next season end before extending him, if that's the plan.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Neither were any of the top 5 paid QBs playing on Sunday.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

The only way I'd give Henry Zeke money is if we had a way out of it, like Kaeps contract he signed with the 9ers back in the day. Cut him if he doesn't live up too the contract and lose nothing.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. JM1995

JM1995 Starter

I'd imagine that's what JRob does. We can get out of Butlers deal next season with 4mil dead, but save 10mil against the cap. If we wait another year its only 2 mil dead and save 12 against the cap. We could also cut Saffold easily at the end of his deal, as well as Lewan if he fell off big time in his last couple years. Not to mention already cutting Lewis, Walker, and maybe Succop because we have solid outs in their deals also.

9. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Teams have to protect themselves, a lot of guys fall off after getting paid big money more than living up to or exceeding the contract. What if Henry starts slow again next year? So your giving a back 50+ million guarantee and he's only keeping his end of the deal for half to a quarter of the season?

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Only coincidence. KC is an offense that doesn’t really need a RB which is probably the lesser half of the league.

SF looks just like LAR last year before paying Gurley. They have Mostart that could be the guy they sign just happens to be on a rookie contract.

Henry should be paid. If there’s fear that he holds out if JRob tags him, then that doesn’t seem like a smart move. If we’re gonna pay him, he should be playing. Titans are gonna be hurting if he doesn’t play. The “replicability” of Henry has been over stated. No one is replacing him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar