Long Snapper Out for Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans long snapper Ken Amato will be lost for the season with a torn right ACL. The team has not yet said whether they will seek a replacement or ask Kevin Mawae, Ryan Fowler or LeVar Woods to handle the duties. Amato broke his left fibula seven games into the 2005 season. His replacement at that time, Jon Dorenbos, is currently with the Eagles.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bummer. I hope one of our own can do it, so we can use a roster spot elsewhere....although I'm not sure where. I'd say DT, since we have only 3.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hmmm. I'm worried that is going to bite us hard.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Amato was very consistent. Didn't Robert Reynolds also long snap? ;)

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

he starts most of our scoring snaps....sad...but i think true (not gonna actually go count but im pretty sure that we have more FGs than rushin/passin TDs)

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

My nephew is currently in highschool. Stands about 6'2", weighs in at around 250 and growing... I keep telling him to learn how to be long snapper... but who listens to crazy old Uncle Ian.

I wish I were 20 again... I'd start training like yesterday.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Shoot. It's the details that kill you. I hope we have a solution to this. Chemistry takes time.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not unless the eagles trade him to us.

9. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

ik reynolds was suspened but i thought he was back off that now. he is a free agent right now right?

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I don't recall us having too many long-snapping woes, and I recall one sideways snap that was absolutely marvellous a couple years ago. That's about all I have to add, but I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar