lol Typical

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

"But the Titans didn't allow Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew to get anywhere on the ground. Jacksonville's defense managed to intercept Vince Young twice, but its run-stopping was a disappointment against a team that hardly has much of a running game."

Yeah typical. Instead of giving us some credit they say things like this. We hardly have a run game? Didn't we finish 5th ?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd put the Titans at the top of the list with Pittsburgh. With the Jets and Bills a notch below right now. But the media will drop the Titans without Young to the level of the Bradyless Pats. They had us in the bottom tier before, and it will get no better for the next 5 weeks even if we win.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is funny that the bills a team nobody cares about are suddenly this stud team after winning one game. Who is the bills QB?

I don't think people are taking us serious because of our QB.

5. Jenkz

Jenkz Who seen da leprachaun?

It is funny how the media reacts to one week. I mean, the Jets beat the dolphins by less than a touchdown. As much as the Dolphins have "improved", beating possibly the worst team in football by less than a touch is hardly anything to brag about. The Browns got absolutely embarrassed by the Cowboys in their own house. Sure the Boy's are the Super Bowl Faves, best team in football, whatever you want to call them, but if Cleveland is really so good, shouldn't the game have been a little closer? Truth is, not saying it's likely, but their is a shot that Dallas doesn't even make the playoffs this year. The Giants and Eagles looked mighty good in their openers. The Bills? Sure Marshawn Lynch is a stud, but when people learn that if you shut him down, you shut down the entire Bills offense, it won't last long. It's the Bills people. Even with Tom Brady out for the year, I still don't think the Bills have a shot at the division. And finally, the Jags. For a team that has such a stout run defense, we sure ran all over them, especially for a team that has "hardly much of a running game". Hell, our backup quarterback even passed over them at will. Oh and their squeaky clean quarterback who they like to say is "error-free", yeah he threw 2 interceptions and was sacked like 6 times. We completely shut down their running game, which is no small task. So here we are. The media LOVES making drastic changes because of week one results. The Titans are the only remaining undefeated team in the AFC south, yet we are still disrespected. They still talk about how the battle for top of the division will include the Jags and Colts. Nevermind that we completely shut down the Jags yesterday. Nevermind the fact that Indy, who was heavily favored to win last night, was embarrassed by Chicago. Nevermind Houston still sucks. Give me a break.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Cleveland aren't good and I don't know why anyone thinks they are.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Peter King's NFL rankings:

1. Dallas
    4. Jacksonville
    9. Indianapolis
    14. Tennessee

(I'm surprised he doesn't have that sack of **** franchise in Houston ranked ahead of us)

I take great consolation that this morning King is in a bewildered state of mourning because his QB idol Tom Brady is hurt. I swear he was going to break out in tears when he was on that crap NBC pregame show last night. The guy was acting like the President just got shot or something... I'm half expecting him to wear a black arm band next week.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol Vic fixed it. Musta been the email I sent (I was actually really pissed off on that article, it was completely disrespectful).

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Mike and Mike talking about us.......they like Kerry Collins as our QB for this season. It is Micheal Smith and other dude....

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

LOL, check the article. It's been edited. It now says:

"But the Titans didn't allow Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew to get anywhere on the ground. Jacksonville's defense managed to intercept Vince Young twice, but its run-stopping was a disappointment, even against a Titans squad that does have an effective running game."

They don't even look at us. No doubt somebody complained that we were a top five rushing team last season, and Carucci dove into full stat check mode before editing that article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar