Locker Working to Improve Accuracy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Still, even if he has only been available 60% of the time, thats still better than the 40% he's got holding him back, theres something there with Jake, if he flat out sucked he wouldn't be getting this 3rd shot at becoming our franchise QB.

2. JCBRAVE

Thats a low blow and you know it. Youre comparing a current NFL starter to NFL "Almost Were's".

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I want to see locker and the titans vs young and the browns.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Being an old ****, I remember Steve Young in Tampa. Locker's on field game totally reminds me of Young in those years. The difference is health, i can't recall Young getting injured much in Tampa (despite getting the crap knocked out of him). Work ethic, demeanour and maturity wise, Jake has everything you'd want in a QB. If he can put it all together and stay healthy Locker seems like a perfect QB for the modern NFL.

If.

I'm going to dare to be hopeful.

And more than likely have those hopes crushed as usual.

Just another day in the life of a Titans fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

I feel like every Titan season is equivalent to whats happening to Cutler in this gif.

6. JCBRAVE

If Locker doesn't trip coming off the bus week-1 and Young doesn't kill himself after his first INT then you might October 5th.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

Suh is to Cutler what Haynesworth was to Schuab. Suh wants to put fear in peoples hearts.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Such a beast. I would love to have a DT like that on our team.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

My guess is you just straight up don't believe in Locker injury prone or not. If I'm misunderstanding you please let me know. Injured or not I have my questions about Locker being the guy myself. Aside from the Chargers and Jets games I've never really seen Jake take over the game. The Chargers had literally one of the worst secondaries in the league and the Jets sold out to stop the running game 100%. Now while these factors concern me, Jake still had to make the throws which he did and thus I'll give him credit for it.

The other thing is his accuracy. I know some posters would have you believe Jake is some sharp shooter back there but he isn't. We actually got to see his inaccuracy cost us a game against the Texans when he missed an open Kenny Britt by a mile on a routine slant.

All that being said I do still hold out hope that Jake is our guy. Part of it is probably the Titans fan in me but I just really believe in him as a person and I do think his rocket arm and ability to make plays when everything breaks down are great attributes. Jake will battle to the end to be our guy and if he fails it won't be for a lack of trying. If Jake proves he can stay healthy next year then we franchise him for 2015. If he plays all 16 games in 2015 then congratulations we have our franchise QB for the next 7 or so years since Jake is only like 26 or so.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Very nice post. That last paragraph hits the nail on the head.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar