Locker - Week 1 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

So he's shouldn't throw to hos receivers running over the middle? How you gonna blame Locker for the fumble without even mentioning that Chandler Jones beat Roos like he stole hos lunch money.

The only real mistake that was on Locker was the pick. He also made some errant throws. But he did a lot of things well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

he did have some high throws that he should have completed, but overall realllll good.

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

No QB, not Brady or Rodgers Puts the ball on the numbers perfectly everytime. Locker threw the ball over the middle where only Nate could catch it. It was high no doubt. But its football and over the middle gets rough. Nate was going to get hit regardless.

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

The fumble was bad. Can't have that happening every week. Reminded me of VY. And that scares me.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Locker was fine today, some good, some bad.

6. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

That was more on Roos and the play call/blocking assignment/blitz pickup. Jake literally had zero chance to do anything, and he will learn to cover up and protect the ball.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

But the difference is that Locker will acknowledge that he screwed up and will look to improve on that... VY will just go "aint nobody tell me what to do"

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Simple question. Do QB"s get blindsided and hold onto the ball. If the answer is yes, I dont consider that "great" in any way

If it were a foot lower, then it would have been an amazing throw. I saw a lot more out of Locker than I expected and am hopeful he can be the guy for us. However if one TD is considered a "great" game for a QB, then the standards are obviously pretty low.

I guess Ill just have to disagree with everyone because I did not see greatness out there today. I saw a good QB that could make some good throws. Nothing great about his performance today.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly.

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I didn't see the fumble live, heard about it, and saw the replay while I was doing something else so all I saw was Locker turn get hit and the ball squirted out ala VY.

There were also some no PI calls that were obvious, including the one in the endzone and the push off on the endzone tip and pick. Of course Tenn wouldn't get those calls against the Pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar