Locker Update

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I don't KNOW that Jake will get hurt. I think he'll have a solid season, and we'll embrace him as our franchise QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Since we are being "PC" i'll back that and say "The odds are great" that Jake will go down. I am not saying I am not behind him or supportive at all. I AM saying that I don't fully trust him yet both with injury and performance. Maybe it's just me, but I am not fully confident when he steps back in the pocket. Hopefully that changes and he stays healthy, and does better this year with new coaching/players.

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Seemed to work out alright for the Patriots with Brady, but 6th round is a great time to roll the dice.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The fact that we are having this conversation 3 years in to his career should say something about our qb situation. I want him to do well but I do not want to keep wasting time on figuring out the qb of the future. It should not take you 3 years to play 16 games, you will never develop a qb that way! I am venting and frustrated because we can be a playoff team or at least I thought we could be but I do want a pocket passing qb or hope we can get one.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

As much as I love Jake, he just seems to get too banded up on routine hits in the NFL. Even in college he got banged up. But the dude is tough.. he played through a separated shoulder for 4 weeks in 2012, and then played the majority of the 2nd half of the season. And lets not forget how he came back in 3 weeks after being carted off against the Jets. I could never have imagined him playing again that soon.

Please Jake.. stay healthy. You're good enough to be a franchise QB, and we all know you're tough enough. It's just a matter of whether or not his body is built for this.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

IMO I do not believe he was built with the body to play in the nfl. Like you said earlier in your post, those hits were routine. I mean the liz franc injury was on a handoff and the hip injury didn't look like a dirty or cheap shot to me at all. The shoulder in 2012 was completely his fault, he played cowboy style and got hurt on a meaningless play as it got called back which made it worse to watch. Thoughts?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think Locker is going to be the guy. Definitely time to start looking but let's not make the mistake of drafting someone too early that shouldn't be (except Garoppolo in the 2nd is acceptable). Just no the 11th overall anyway. Unless Bridgewater... I guess.

Too bad there isn't a better free agent this year, but at least Cutler wasn't available cause having him would suck. Why oh why did we not trade a 5th rounder for Carson Palmer??? http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ardinals-oakland-raiders-draft-picks/2042507/ Who can sit here and say (and consider his terrible O-lines) that we would not be in a better spot with Palmer than without? Oh well. No to McCown, DogKiller, or any other of these terrible free agents.

I think Cassel isn't a better option than Fitzpatrick. Don't see the scenario where either of those are winning the Superbowl.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Garoppolo or a fourth round QB would be ideal.

You gotta take a chance this year, because we should assume this is the highest we pick in some time.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Lis Franc was on the option the play before. He dove head first and his feet never got touched. Tried playing the next play, but couldn't and fumbled the exchange to CJ.

10. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

I hope Locker gets away from that injury prone tag like how Stafford did. We were 3-1 before he went down and a Britt dropped pass from being 4-0. He had 8 TD to 4 Int last year so if he stays healthy we have our QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar