Locker likely to play a half against Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

In years past, Titans veteran quarterbacks haven’t spent much time on the field during the final preseason game.

But with second-year quarterback Jake Locker still in a learning mode, he’ll likely see more significant action against New Orleans.

“I’d say probably no more than a half,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “It’s not just (about) him … We’ve got to look at everyone to see what’s best for some of these other guys, too, because we don’t want him (Locker) in there unless we have the first line and everyone else in there with him, so we’ll consider that.

“I’d like to see him play a half, get into the two-minute warning and then call it a night. That would be the ideal thing to happen, but we’ll see.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Good...the offense still is not in a good rhythm yet.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree that its a good move. Fans should expect some mistakes early by him, but its part of the process of becoming an NFL QB. There's some great athletes in the league and he'll have to take his lumps. I believe his upside far outweighs the growing process though. The Jets nearly made the Super Bowl with shotty QB play and Locker is much more effective than Mark Sanchez. If CJ, Reynaud, and Harper (see what I did there) can get us consistent yardage on the ground our defense might be good enough to carry this team. When Britt gets back we'll have even more fire power and hopefully a rhythm going with Nate, Wright, DWill and Hawk. Our receivers showed up when needed last season and I think they'll get in sync with Locker and return to form. Wright may be better adjusted than all of them because he played with a mobile, playmaking QB at Baylor. If your used to "jailbreaks" and adjusting to the ball then you'll just know to read the QB and to get open.

Anybody checking out the Tampa New England game? I saw the early stats and Brady didn't seem too sharp. Threw a pick and had a fumble already. Don't know if its because of the line but if it is I feel sorry for him. Marks and Casey are probably being rested so that they can take his soul. I'm looking more and more forward to this matchup as we get closer. I'm predicting a win for our squad and instantly popping up on the radar. I think we'll make some noise with our schedule.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Is it weird that this sentence got me aroused enough that I had to wake up my girl?

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

We looked way better than the Pats against the Bucs.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

bad news.... bounties will be high for his head..

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Did you get to watch the game? I was just checking out the box score and stats. How did their O-Line look? What about their defense?

I'm pretty confident going into this game. I'm confident that we're gonna compete and that its going to be a close game no matter who wins. I think if our defense plays like they have the past 2 games though that we could very well beat them.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

The answer to your two questions is terrible and terrible. It seemed like the Bucs D was swarming Brady and the Bucs offense was passing all over the Pats D. I can't wait for them to be playing in the Nashville heat and humidity. Our stadium should be nuts for this game and with the stadium upgrades.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Pats o-line looks awful this year... maybe because Matt Light is gone?

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I feel exactly like this. I really think we can pull off the upset!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar