Locker Injury Update: Sprained Hip

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Thank God! I just hope when he returns he picks up where he left off! Heres to a speedy recovery!!

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I see him coming back after the BYE with good rehab from now til then.

3. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

I hate to bring this back up but I REALLY REALLY HOPE that this doesn't mirror his shoulder injury last year at all! You know...where he came back and everyone said he was fully healed when clearly he wasn't because he was playing like crap...so yeah hope that's not going to happen again!!! Those trainers better not rush this!!!

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

good news is after our bye, we play the rams so if he needs another week, we can give him another week. We can beat the rams with Fitz

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If they're saying 3 weeks, and he has the bye, I'm pretty sure he'll be good to go against STL. They are NFL trainers and this injury is much different than what he had last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Different scenario as he dislocated his throwing shoulder last season and it continued to pop out during the season.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

non throwing shoulder.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

Good News, get well Jake. Sure is fun @ LP Field this year

9. titan1207

titan1207 28 years bleeding blue

Shoulders and hips are technically "ball and socket" joints. In the hip, the head of the femur (the large bone) articulates well inside of the ascetabalum (the socket). This articulation is why the hip is so hard to dislocate, takes a tremendous amount of force. The shoulder on the other hand is held in mostly by muscle because of the rather lack of curve in the glenoid (shoulder socket). When a shoulder dislocates the muscles that hold it in get stretched and irritated. These are the same muscles used in overhead throwing motions I.E. rotator cuff. Once dislocated the shoulder will sublux rather easily due to the hyper-stretching of the muscles.Plus when you dislocate a should you most likely tear the labarum, the covering inside the socket. That is why locker was never the same without surgery and why with good rehab he will have not problems when he comes back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

What is ESPN smoking. Seriously, if I messed up this bad at work I would be fired. First, there was a guy on ESPN talking about Jake's injury with fantasy football. He said we have an easy schedule coming up with the Bengals, and Buffalo. WHAT????? Seriously? They aint even on our schedule.

Then the bus in the second video says we play in a weak division. WHAT???? Two 3-1s and a top 5 Houston team a week ago. Get it together ESPN. Seriously.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9754917/tennessee-titans-jake-locker-mri-shows-qb-hip-sprain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar