Locker fixes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm still not sold on his ball placement and I don't believe the line is gonna magically make the ball hit the WRs in the numbers.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It will keep the DL off him and give him more time to step into throws/have the proper footwork ... that will make him more accurate with this throws

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

No pressure stats
    P.Manning 72.5
    Rodgers. 72.2
    Brady. 68.9
    Brees. 68.6
    Russel Wilson. 72.5
    Griffin. 68.9
    Kaepernick. 67.1
    Luck. 60.3

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Exactly. Fix the line, get rid of locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Yea. Lockers ball placement scares me. I'm not sold that the o line will fix that

6. Thaddeus43

To build on that ... according to PFF, the average completion % of a QB with no pressure is 64.7%. The average comp % under pressure is 46.9%

So Locker is basically the same as the average with no pressure, but below average with pressure. Even more reason to beef up the OL

7. Clark

I wouldn't buy into lockers % this season too much. My personal view on him is just seeing him throw the ball. The WRs have to jump to get the ball, have to stretch backwards on slants. His timing is just a mess. I've been the biggest locker fan here. Fully wanted him in the draft. BUT I'm not blind when I see ball placement all over the place. I just don't think it'll get fixed with just the o line. I think a lot could be schematic and mechanic but his accuracy is just ****. Yea the players CAN catch the ball, IF they fight to do so. Jump, stretch, bail locker out...

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

We'll see. I'm not sold on Locker but at the same time, this guy was once projected to go number 1 and...I can't stress this enough, 11 starts. Next season is pretty much his final audition.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

LOL. You're building a case to get rid of Locker. He's below average with no pressure and horrendously below average with pressure. The dude sucks.

10. Thaddeus43

I'm not 'building a case' for anything. I am just pointing out the facts. You said that Locker's comp % with no pressure was terrible, I was simply showing that it wasn't terrible, it was on par with the average.

However, I want to be objective, so when I saw that he was low in the 'under pressure' statistic, I posted it too. That doesn't mean we should just dump him though. We are talking about the average, and he has started 11 games. He shouldn't be expected to be on par with everyone right now. I would expect this to improve moving forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar