Locker fixes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

If Jake Locker is to be a starting QB, and I know many who think he will never be that, but this is what I think he needs to focus on:

• Reading defenses. This comes with time. He has only started 11 games, so cut some slack on this one. Manning sucked at it in his first full year too.
    • Checking off receivers. He gets too locked in sometimes and cannot move to another quick enough. Again, can be developed with experience.
    • Leading the receiver. kaepernick is awesome at this, and Vince Young was the worst. Youngwould wait until the reciever planted his feet, turned around, and yell "I'm open" before he would throw it, and the corner would jump the route. Great QB's lead the receiver. Not too sure if this can be fixed with his accuracy issues.
    Just my 0.02ยข

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I was kinda hoping this would be a thread about making the Titans actual lockers nicer instead of the 10,000th thread on our quarterback.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Locker needs to be accurate. End game. That means in every area. And also needs to be decisive. Noth of those things happened this year. Lets hope something crazy clicks for next season...other wise we will be drafting early again.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the font on the names and numbers above the lockers should be bolder.... and maybe make them a nice navy. The red is kinda hard to read.

...and the white walls are boring.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hate the imitation wood they use as well.....

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Teddy bridgewater 2014!

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

you can't teach accuracy.

He's a waste of time at this point..

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Definitely.

I hate to admit it, because they are rivals, but the Jags have a really nice locker room. Titans versus Jags is an embarrassment to the franchise.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Brett Favre completed just 52 percent of his passes in college, but 62 percent for his NFL career.

I'm not saying Locker didn't suck this season, but it's also premature to call him a bust. I think 3 years is appropriate to fully evaluate a QB.

Matt Ryan regressed a lot his sophomore year and your boy VY was a different player his third year.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Pre snap phase has to be much better. Locker seems to have trouble dealing with blitzers & hot routes.

Accuracy is a weakness for Locker, and it always will be. I think he should focus more on the bootleg work & reading defenses. Locker can extend plays & create confusion (i.e. pump fakes) so that he can help receivers get open. It makes it less likely for an interception to be thrown.

Overall I think Jake is a good decision maker. He's not afraid to keep throwing the deep ball, even after he misses or the linemen knock it down. He's not incredibly consistent but he has shown the ability to avoid interceptions & fumbles for a full game. If we can give him a good line to allow him more time, he will be successful. Too many times Locker has made something out of nothing, and I think he will continue to improve because he has a positive mental attitude.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar