Locker Cleared for Contact

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

interesting hmmm

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

So it's looking more likely now. Keep in mind that we have a coaching staff that knows their jobs are on the line. If you're Munch, you may be a bit more inclined to play for the win now as opposed to later.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just saw some clips from practice, Jake's looks perfectly fine. Im expecting him out there after seeing those clips.

Its his right knee, so its naturally protected being that Jake is a righty.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It may or may not cost this team anything, but I'm going on the record saying if he plays before he's fully mobile it's a stupid decision.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

He is a better pocket passer than Tom Brady, nothing to concern yourself with.

also DID YOU GUYS REMEMBER HE HAS THE LOWEST BDR IN THE FKING NFL!?!?!?!?!????!??!?!?!!?

You know, aside from getting hit and falling down, hurting his hip like my grandmother would.

Weeden never had his hip hurt, and he is like 39.

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

If he's good to go.. put him back in. Let's see if he can hang in. I want to know if these injuries really have been flukes or if he really is injury prone. I think that point still has to be proven.

7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Jake Locker wants to play.

Now the only question is whether the Titans let him.

Locker practiced for the third straight day on Friday, and took the majority of the reps in the individual period of practice, and in team drills. Locker returned to the practice field on Wednesday for the first time since suffering hip/knee injuries in the team’s September 29 game against the Jets.

Veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick has started the past two games in Locker’s place.

“We haven’t decided yet,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said when asked who his starter will be on Sunday vs. the 49ers. “We are not really leaning any way, it’s just Jake has done well. He has been able to do everything we wanted him to do, so now we need to spend some time with him, talk as an offense, and decide what we think is best for Sunday.”

Locker was still using crutches as recently as October 7. He continues to wear a knee brace on his right knee, and still walks with a slight limp. But during the open portion of practices he moved well, and looked good throwing the football.

Locker has missed the past two starts since spraining the right MCL and spraied hip vs. the Jets. He was taken off the field on a cart that day, and rushed from LP Field to Saint Thomas Hospital. When he was injured, the initial diagnosis was he’d need at least four weeks, possibly up to six, to heal. Sunday’s game would put him at three weeks, at least a week ahead of schedule, though he’s not 100 percent.

Fitzpatrick has played poorly the past two weeks in place of Locker, which has undoubtedly helped speed up the Titans interest in getting Locker back on the field.

Locker didn’t talk to reporters on Friday. He said on Thursday “there are certain things that don’t feel normal yet.”

“(Jake) will have a big say,’’ Munchak said. “We really want to get a good feeling on what he feels he can do well and what his limitations might be. Those are the things that will go into it now. … I think both (quarterbacks) have gotten enough work where ether one of them could play on Sunday, and we just need to finish up some talks and make a decision.”

Munchak said he’d like to make a decision by Saturday, so he could let the quarterbacks know. The Titans are scheduled to have a walk-through on Saturday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.

With Locker, the Titans are 3-1 this season. The third-year quarterback has completed 69-of-111 passes for 721 yards on the season, with six touchdowns and no interceptions. The Titans have lost back-to-back games with Fitzpatrick as the starter. On the season, Fitzpatrick has completed 41-of-78 passes for 526 yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions.

“Ryan is going forward like he is starting and I am sure Jake in his mind is (too),’’ Munchak said. “Jake wants it. It is going to be us to keep him off the field. I don’t know that he’ll be 100 percent honest with us, unfortunately. … He knows how important he is to team. But he understands what we have to do and he’ll go by ultimately what we decide is best, even though he may not agree with us, because there’s a lot of football to go this year.

“We want to make sure we are doing the right thing.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

8. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

He's not starting.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I saw him running around, he looks fine.

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Well if Fitz ends up starting, I'll give the Titans credit for making me a believer that Locker is gonna start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar