Little Mel Kipers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PAtitansfan53, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

1 (24) Chris Johnson RB ECU--Say what you want, but we need playmakers on offense more than any specific position and this guy fits the bill. He may be more of a second rounder, but early second round and I really don't think he'll last to 55. I'd also like Limas Sweed here, but after his combine performance I think he'll be gone by our pick

2 (55) James Hardy WR Indiana--Give Vince some weopons and see what happens. I'd really like Manningham here and he may drop to us after the combine, but I'd be very surprised. This is asuming we don't get Sweed in the first, if we get Sweed I'd go with the top TE here, which would probably be someone along the lines of Dustin Keller (Purdue) or Martellus Bennett (Texas A&M)

3 (87) Marcus Griffin S Texas--If we miss out on Sweed this fulfills our requirement to draft a Longhorn :)) Of course that's somewhat sarcastic, but he'd be a great addition to our secondary, good insurance in case Hope can't come back (although his prognosis looks good) or he can be converted to a corner (isn't that what we were going to do with his brother anyway?)

4-7 BPA in the trenches--I'm not going to speculate as to who will be available at each of our picks and, honestly, I haven't looked at many guys who will get past the third round, but if we get the guys I've listed that'll give us good players at the 'skill' positions and the rest can go to the line, possibly a LB for depth at some point here if there's good value

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

The Chris Johnson bandwagon has stopped in gotitans.com forums. Sorry but I'm not on it.

3. Ain't gonna happen. The Titans won't touch a RB the first day.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm not getting any support, so I guess I'll have to jump off eventually.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

IMO he's a round 2 RB not round 1 only reason I'm not on is he will be gone by our second pick and he isn't what we need round 1.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm gonna assume we sign Crumpler and lose Odom and/or LaBoy. Maybe sign a RB like Mewelde Moore.

1. DE - Derrick Harvey - obvious need

2. WR - Earl Bennett - may pay dividends earlier than any WR, and is a bit Mason like

3. DT - Red Bryant - big and good athlete

4. CB - Patrick Lee - CB depth need and he's got skills

5. LB -Jonathan Goff - think he could play in or out

6. OL - Brandon Keith - big, decent athlete, probably better at OG

7. FS - Demario Bobo....just has a cool name :ha:

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If we go the route of trading up in the second to get him I'd be alright with that, but I doubt that'll happen based on the organization's past draft history, then again we do have a new gm so he might surprise me.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Patrick Lee would be a good CB pick rounds 3-4 if we don't draft one by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar