Little early, but who do you think we draft 1st in 2016?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I think the Bills are happy with Tyrod Taylor truthfully. His momentum was slowed by the injury, but he can be a legitimate QB in the NFL. He can win from the pocket.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I think we need to trade back. Teams always want the first shot at the best QB available and we are set at QB IMO.

I think we must address the secondary in this draft early. There are some great options in this draft. I really like Ramsey & H-3rd. However, this team is really lacking on offense. It is a very sad thing to say since we have spent so many high draft picks on offense in the past drafts. It seems as though Webster cannot hit on 1st & 2nd round talent. While the Jags take a pair of 2nd round WRs and they become production machines.

This draft needs a new man at the head of it for us to ever have a chance of real improvement. I think it starts by trading back for as many picks as we can get and picking quality production players. No more picking guys based on the potential that they MIGHT be great. That MIGHT has not amounted to much with Webster making the picks.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

And coaching turn over is a must as well. Our Oline coaching is a joke. We take Lewan who was a stud at Mich and he is struggling now. The entire line struggles. How has Bostad lasted is my biggest question. Heck his assistant can't do a worse job than he is doing. Fire him now. Send a message to these olinemen that it is no longer acceptable to play at such a sorry ass level. There is way too much invested in this line for it to play so soft.

And what about that lack of effort tonight?? The oline is slowly walking barely moving to the line when we are in less than 2 minutes, the game on the line, and no time outs. The effort was an all out joke. How can the oline coach not have this group amped up ready to go when we have a Franchised QB. A rookie who is still learning, but who has proven he can be the leader of this team on offense.

Bostad has literally made me sick this year. Well the oline play is mostly doing it; however, as the old saying goes: Attitude reflects leadership. The olines' lack of effort and a rookie QB trying to scramble them to the line. You could absolutely see the will to win in MM8; that oline just did not care.

Bostad has completely lost the respect of these players. They are not playing for him at all. What a joke!!

Love LeBeau, but would love to see the offensive staff GONE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

We are devoid of talent. This should be the year that we double-dip in the first round and acquire some blue chip players. Seriously.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and how exactly do we do that?

Im projecting we finish with 3 or 4 wins landing us the 3rd/4th overall and 35/36th overall picks

6. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I'm pretty sure we would be able to jump back into the 20's if we wanted too.

Here is my hypothetical:
    I don't believe there is an elite offensive player worth taking in the top five this year (keep in mind - Tunsil and or Stanley are great prospects but I would not spend another top five pick on an offensive lineman).

First if we get the 1st pick, I would attempt to trade out (I would demand the teams 2nd round pick for starters). This is the easy scenario, because I would have the extra ammunition so I will stop there. But I think we will be selecting from slots 3-6, I would take the only elite prospect I see in this entire draft (my personal opinion) Vernon Hargreaves III. I believe Jalen Ramsey has elite talent, but is without a position (and we don't have time to wait for him to adjust - he plays corner in college but he is a safety).

I ONLY DOUBLE DIP if this player slides. I would trade back into the early to mid 20's for Myles Jack (UCLA - mlb/olb). He should be able to slide in beside Williamson and our inside linebackers would be set. We can use a number of options to get teams attention (say next years first, a combination of picks this season and next, etc. ...)

I am focusing on Defense, because it is close to being elite with the coaches we currently have. I am also focusing on Defense because an elite D can propel us to winning this terrible division for years to come.

I set my sights on our starting right tackle starting in round 2 and/or round 3 (keep in mind if we had the first pick and traded out, we would have two 2's.) We can get a competent starter at right tackle in this draft trust me (our scouting has been terrible since floyd was fired).

Our receiver should be addressed in FA and I am looking at Josh Gordon. He will be cheap because he is 1 strike away from being banned for life and if he needs the motivation I would fill his contract with bonus incentives. But his contract would also include a clause that the first time he f#cks up, we can release him and not be obligated to pay the guaranteed portion of the deal.

That's for starters, but we could make it work.

7. BeastBullock

BeastBullock Rookie

8. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Yeah, I would not take Bosa that high.

9. BeastBullock

BeastBullock Rookie

BTW, we'd have likely to trade for Gordon or forfeit a pick to sign him, he'll be eligible for RFA again and they will likely just tender him.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Biggest need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar