Lito Sheppard...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I think we need to go after him. Im sure he's still available. It would take at least a 3rd rounder. Maybe the Eagles would do a conditional 3rd round pick and maybe Paul Williams for Lito Sheppard. I know he isn't the most physical but you can deny his talents. He's a playmaker and comes up with big plays and interceptions (look how many he has against the Cowboys in his career). Its not like we don't have the money to sign him to a new contract. Our secondary would be great immediatly. So if its possible we should do it...

LE- Kyle Vanden Bosch
    DT- Tony Brown
    DT- Albert Hayensworth
    RE- Jevon Kearse
    LOLB- David Thornton
    MLB- Stephen Tulloch/Ryan Fowler
    ROLB- Keith Bulluck
    CB1- Cortland Finnegan
    CB2- Lito Sheppard
    FS- Michael Griffin
    SS- Chris Hope

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It'd be great, but I can't see MR ever paying up.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there's no point in us breaking the bank for CBs. we refuse to play man-to-man coverage, even if it suits our corners better. you can find zone corners on the street.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That would be too amazing for us to consider.

I'm very concerned if Finnegan or Harper were to miss significant playing time, and i'm now all for trading draft picks for veterans. A 3rd rounder, why not?

I'm not sure they would part with him for that though.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The 3rd rounder is not the deal breaker. The price we would have to pay to extend him is. He'll look for D. Hall money, and neither Hall or Sheppard deserve it.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Eagles talk a lot, they won't trade him.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe but you don't catch a fish if your hook isn't in the water. We need CB help in a bad way- especially if Finn's hammy stays bad. We should at least sniff out the deal.

8. vslyke

I'm all for it if we give up a 3rd rounder and give him a 35 mil deal for 5 years. But, he's not worth it if he wants 60 or 70 mil.

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

We cannot expect to have superstars at every position.

We need to use that money to help lockup Al, Bironis, and Fin instead of using it plus draft pics on a slight upgrade at corner.

10. vslyke

If he wants 35 mil I'm all for it. But, he won't and so I think we have better things to do with our money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar