Lito sheppard please..!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Rolltide, I'm not questioning the cap-hit. I just suspect that we currently are around or below 25M. With rookies to sign and perhaps a FA or 2, it's gonna be close.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Rookies won't hardly dent the CAP room we currently have and even if we bring in some FAs after cuts I doubt they would be paid much (we probably won't want high priced guys anyway). We can afford another 6-7 mil if we really wanted to. IMO a guy like Sheppard just takes Pacboy's place.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Most deals are light on the cap the first year. The SB is pro rated and the first year salary is usually very low. Roos is getting a $4M roster bonus to take advantage of our cap space this year but we should be able to make those signings and easily fit within the cap.

Rookies will average maybe a million each. Any Fa signings will be of the million dollar variety.

4. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

yeah really. i'd like to see us flex some money and pick up lito. he's young, he's talented, and he could bring some knowledge and leadership to the secondary.

by the way, what kind of player does everyone see griffin developing into?

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I just don't think he'd go for it is all. Yeah, he had a down year, but he's also young, a two time pro bowler and all pro.

Also, I think his agent is just stirring things up about trade talks, because both, the Eagles and Jags have reported that no talks have taken place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar