Listen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

Xplayer :
    1. There aren't too many rushing plays you can have from the shotgun. So we should use the shotgun more so that the defenses will know when we are going to pass?? more shotgun isn't the answer, play action is.
    2. Yes vince needs better talent at receiver for 2 reasons. our guys can't get seperation to get open. when they are open they can't hang onto the ball. If we caught half of the dropped passes this year,vince would probably not look quite as bad statiscly.
    3. Looseness could be several factors. trying to learn to pass is one factor. being injured is another. Thinking that he is just going to pull it down and take off for 30yd touchdown runs is not going to happen anymore after his rookie season when he schooled people doing that. I don't think he's going to get away from bob sanders spying him. defenses are playing him different now that they know what he can do, but in the long run that will be an advantage when teams have less coverage on receivers adn we have receivers that can take advantage of single coverage and vince can recognise that and get them the ball.
    The last part of the equation is that vince's opportunities for cutting him some slack are almost over. Next season is going to be the one for him to really blossom as a passer, so time will tell how good he is really going to be.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

As a passer, Vince has no potential. If they have no intentions of using his legs, his draft choice doesn't make any sense. No top receiver will want to be a Titan as long as Vince is here. I'd love to eat my words in this off-season with a big signing, because without it, we have maxed out at 10-6 and barely sneaking into the playoffs.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Did you ever watch Texas play while vince was there? They very rarely ran the option. I mean if you call the zone read an option play then maybe. But it's not like nebraska of the early 90's.

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

The zone read is a type of option play, and yeah I did watch VY while he was at Texas. For some reason he actually seemed to be a decent passer in addition to an awesome runner while in college. I'd love to see him succeed, but whether it's him, the coaches, or the gameplan for some reason I'm having a hard time believing he can get the job done.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I'd like to see the zone read put back into our offense personally. I feel last year it was quite effective at times. I mean maybe not with lendale but put henry in there for it and it will be tough to defend. I'm hoping a big part of his running is this quad injury which will heal in the offseason. I mean it's only his 2nd year and we don't need to panic yet. Very few qbs are successful in their first two years unless they have superior talent around them.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You can run perfectly well out of a shotgun, as long as you send out 3 or more WR's. And with Vince as a potential runner, it becomes deadly. I think it would benefit the team as Vince can see more of the field at snap and see more as the play develops. In play action, you may fool the defense some of the time, and get some time when you do, but in my opinion Vince needs more time to see the defense from snap than less. If you have fast WR's that will help too, as it creates more chaos which will help Vince. We need guys who can get open, instead of tall possession receivers. That said, Gage seemed to click with Vince so he may be the exception. But My vision of the best offense is shotgun, spread, speed rb, and speed WR's. I think we should be a fast team, except when the Defense is fast, and when it is, use lendale to pound them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar